Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOLY SHIT MEGADETH TOUR!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=35062

megadeth, dream theater AND NEVERMORE!!!

crap...too many good tours this summer. I'm going nuts.

Re: HOLY SHIT MEGADETH TOUR!

I notice you didn't mention Fear Factory or The DEP. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't blame you. I would endure those two for Deth, DT and Nevermore though! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I'm actually a little dissapointed, but only because I thought it was gonna be a little more old school "Thrash Of The Titans" kinda tour. But FF puts on a pretty good show and Nevermore is kickass. Don't care too much for the other dudes. Should be a great show. Us this gonna be a stadium tour?

Comment

Fear Factory is so booooooring now, and Dream Theater has always been a "Look at all my chops!" band that writes lame songs and has a highly annoying singer, but I'm all about every other band on the bill.

Comment

Oh I am so there!!!!! Sorry So So There
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

The interesting and important aspect here to note is, we are seeing a summer of bands that can actually play their instruments. The quality of musicianship is finally coming back around again, and that I'm glad for. Its a good summer for rock n roll.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I agree that I was also expecting bands like Testament or Exodus to join the tour and do old thrash metal tour.
              I mean, Dream Theater? what I can imagine is that they will put Megadeth ashame. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I am a HUGE fan of both bands but I can imagine there will be more fans of Dream Theater than Megadeth unless Dave brings Marty back in the band.

Comment

I seriously almost broke out in tears how amazing this news is for me. Megadeth is my favorite band and every other band on the line-up I love (or loved, DT was my favorite band in Hish School but I grew out of it).

Not only is it a graet tour but a clear indicator that a tour with real musicians can happen here in the US! I just hope they play good venues, I wanna be outside in the sun not inside of some hokey stadium. I'm almost sure that they'll play Jones Beach for the NY gig, and I'm making sure I'm there for the NJ and Boston gigs.

Now if we could only get them to throw Watchtower on there!
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

They asked anthrax, but they wanted too much coin.I HEARD about this weeks ago, i have a friend who is the bass tech for mega.Dream theater and megadeth will be great, the rest i dont really care for.Nevermore is cool but im not into the songs that much, liked them better as sanctuary.That being said, im sure ill be there.Havent missed a DT show in four years, why stop now?

Comment

I'm so ready for this.

Comment

Bleah.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here's Dave's official press release:

http://www.megadeth.com/news/pr/gigantour.html
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          They asked anthrax, but they wanted too much coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that was a stupid move. I don't see this reunion lasting too long.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Man that was a stupid move. I don't see this reunion lasting too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth! It's not like there are a zillion metal package tours out there to choose from--they've just missed the only two I know of...

I'll definitely be at this one. Sounds more interesting to me than Ozzfest, as I'm a huge DT fan, and I've never seen Megadeth before. Hell, the wife might even go see this one, as she likes Megadeth.

Comment

Nevermore would be worth the ticket price alone. Amazing band, and Jeff Loomis is a godlike shredder.

Comment

Working...
                              X