Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poison Ivy Treatments? (Not for the squeamish.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poison Ivy Treatments? (Not for the squeamish

All you need is RUSTO, baby!

Rusto

Main ingredient is camphor.

Yes, vinegar and aloe vera are indeed excellent for stings, bites and rashes like poison ivy/oak.
    But even better than vinegar is Tea Tree oil, it's easy to find and I highly recommend it. You can apply it neat (undiluted) to your problem areas, keep out of eyes. You can use it every couple hours, and can use it with aloe vera (straight aloe vera gel, not like the kind you find in those sunburn/lidocaine rememdies).

Feel Better... don't scratch!

Em

Edit: One more thing... increase your intake of Vitamin C (or start taking it daily, as many mg. as your body can handle). It will help your body fight the infection from the inside out, resulting in quicker healing time. Also remember to stay hydrated, so drink your water! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

That's right, Em, I totally forgot about your other skilz! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Thanks, I just popped 1000mg of C per your suggestion. I have pure aloe in a squeeze bottle in the fridge: mainly for sunburned spots.
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Haha! Yeah... those OTHER skills. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Remember that Vit C is water soluble, so be sure to take it every few hours.
        And knock off that bleach shit! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thought of one more thing you can try- Witch Hazel. I've seen it in supermarkets even, which is nice to see. It's a natural astringent. You can use it on hemorrhoids, so you can certainly use it for poison ivy!

I'll shut up now. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Keith call your doctor.. they have pills that will clear that up in a matter of days now.. My wife got it last year and it worked great ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            You can use it on hemorrhoids, so you can certainly use it for poison ivy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet Jesus, Em, just exactly where do you think I have poison ivy? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah, Kev, I will tomorrow. The Mrs. caught me with the bleach and, uh, put her foot down.
            The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hahah!! Ah, that is wicked funny. I wasn't suggesting you have poison ivy on your ASS (though that would suck, big time). Just that the two conditions are similar in that they're... um... "eruptive". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Witch Hazel. I've seen it in supermarkets even, which is nice to see. It's a natural astringent. You can use it on hemorrhoids

[/ QUOTE ]

Note taken.

Comment

Working...
                X