Any Jeep fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Jeep fans here?

Here is my 1991 Jeep Wrangler, I have had it since it was new. 2.5 ltr, Clifford header. 2 1/2" Up Country suspension lift, Smitty built tube bumpers and nerf bars,15x8 American Racing wheels with 31x10 B.F. Goodrich sneakers.
    It has been to Glamis, Pismo, Hollister, around the northern point of Oahu. Since moving back to Va. it has only been used in the snow and some sunny drives.

Topless Oh My [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Any Jeep fans here?

Here's one my my uncle just finished. 350/4 sp/ Disc's all the way around.
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I have always liked Jeeps there a lot fun.They are great for trail riding.I am amazed a how tight the turning raduis is on them.I have always had FS pickups and am used to swinging it wide to do a u turn.With the a Jeep you can almost turn it around in the same lane [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .
      Mike
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I sure miss my 77' CJ-7. I had a rebuilt 360 and a rebuilt 3 on the floor in her and she had balls galore!

I never got to get her where I wanted though. I snaped the rear end and I just couldn't afford to fix it at the time, so my Bother in law got a real good deal.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Absolutely!!!! This is my '57 Willy's CJ3B:

I've been working on it for two and a half years, almost done. It was a piece of junk when I bought it:

Everything has either been restored or replaced, plus there's a 2.5" lift, 32" Swampers, and I'm currently installing a Vortec 4.3L V6, NV65 four speed, and a Dana 300 transfer case. I hope to have it done by the end of May.

Comment

Pics of my co-workers Jeep. He was playing around on the loading dock out back and I took some pics. I don't know all the details..but I'll ask him and maybe post a few tomorrow.

The Buzzard does not fear
            The man in riot gear
            Harvest a skull of stone
            The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Hey, how's the ragtop in winter? I love those things but I live in NY and don't want to freeze or damage the top since I have to park outside all year.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

The newer TJ tops are the best they have ever produced. This is my second top. The sun and salty air in Hawaii killed my first top. This has been on it since 94. We had a storm dump 26"s of snow and it held up fine. As far as the heater goes on the Wranglers the older YJ like mine one side seems to heat better than the other. Mine heats the driver side but the passenger freezes, some of my friends YJs are just the opposite. But that is apart of what makes Jeeps what they are. They aren't for everyone.

Comment

How do they feel at high speed? (60-70 mph). Reason why I'm asking, is I just blew the head gasket on my T-bird, and even though I love the car, it's time to let it go. My choices I narrowed down to are, the Jeep Wrangler and Toyota Camry, totally 180 out from each other. I need to make a decision in about a week cause I need to replace the T-Bird.

I would love the Wrangler, 6 cylinder, 4 or 5 speed, cause I would like a toy to drive around. The practical thing is a Camry cause I travel 40 minutes to work everyday, and I've driven one before and really like it.

I don't know if I want to go back to a stick shift after driving an automatic for 15 years, but every time I see a Wrangler, I'd really like one.

Like I said, I only have about a week to make a decision, before I jump. I haven't driven a Wrangler yet, but I'm looking for someone to convince me NOT to go for the practical choice.
                  Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

The Wranglers both the YJ older like my white one, and TJ newer like the green one. Are very stable at highway speeds. Now if you raise it and throw on big wheels and tires it will affect the handling.

If you look there are some automatic wranglers out there. My brother in law has a 95 with the 4.0 and the auto trans. He drives it 80 miles round trip everyday.

I don't know your budget but the newer TJs with their coil spring suspension do have a more car like feel to them. The older leaf spring YJs and CJs will beat the shit out of you on a rough road. Something to think about.

Comment

Not a jeep but still cool

I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
                      X