booking bands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• booking bands?

My friend is in student gov and I'm trying to help him out. As much as I would like to book some crazy metal band, obviously he will probably want someone fun to get the most people to go. Anyone know where to go to book bands? He said $20k is the budget, and they were thinking about the rapper Fabolous (yea, he spells it like that). Anyway, they had Tally Hall last year, and they sucked big time. My band opened up, though. We played Don't Fear the Reaper (with cowbell of course), Lowrider, Chameleon, and Fire on the Bayou. Anyway, any help, or what kind of acts you think we could get for that kind of money would be great. Thanks.

Re: booking bands?

get in contact with their Manager's
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I was hoping there were artist management websites or something where I could just say "I got 20k, what can you do for me?". I would look around, but I don't feel like doing the work for my friend. I figured he was lucky to get me to spend 2 minutes posting on a board were people know music stuff. After all, I am running against him tomorrow for a seat next year.

Comment

artists worldwide is Kristy Majors's booking company, They handle La Guns, Pretty boy Floyd and other bands
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

No contact info, Donnie? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Artists Worldwide
          1800 N. Highland Ave Suite 406
          Hollywood, CA 90028
          (323) 468-4168

http://www.artists-worldwide.com/html/main.htm
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Use this link:

http://www.artists-worldwide.com/

Lots of familiar names on the client roster:

http://www.artists-worldwide.com/html/client_roster.htm
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yea, I checked out that out last night. While there were some cool bands, I don't recall any (the page isn't loading right now) that would have mass appeal at my high school. Hell I didn't know some of them.

Comment

We'll do it for 10K [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, nothing says professional worldwide organization like an aol email address. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wonder if you could just offer Yngwie a mountain of cheeseburgers to come play, and circumvent the booking agent?

Pete

Comment

Find some local hardcore bands and get them to play!!

Comment

Working...
                    X