Horrible video from unknown 70s band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible video from unknown 70s band

This is absolutely brilliant. Definitely worth the watch. The keyboardist looks like Yanni, only geekier.

Bonus points if anyone actually knows who this is - I don't, and I can't quite read the kick drum.

Apache Video

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Re: Horrible video from unknown 70s band

Looks like "Seebach Band" but I didn't really want to know that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Good eye; here's what I unearthed:

"Obituary: TOMMY SEEBACH (dude getting funky on the keyboards)

By Charlotte Jensen, Denmark

Tommy Seebach started his magnificent career in the Danish rock ‘n roll band Sir Henry, for whom he composed his fist song at the age of 15. He stayed with the band for twelve years but in the later years he also released some solo albums which turned out to be so popular that he decided to leave Sir Henry. Among the solo songs from that period is the beautiful ballad “I’m In Love”. It was at that time he became famous as one of the best keyboard players in pop and rock, called to London several times to assist musicians with their records.
      When Denmark chosed to re-enter the ESC, Tommy saw the opportunity to give his career a different aspect. In 1979 he wrote the song “Disco Tango” for the Danish final. The song was officially supposed to be sung by the Danish singer Gitte Hænning, who entered for Germany in 1973. At the last moment she suprinsingly turned down the offer and without time to find a new singer, Tommy decided to sing the song himself. Today it is hard to imagine the song sung by anyone else than Tommy Seebach. That song became known as the beginning of a long career which made him loved and known by everyone in Denmark.

Through the ‘80s he got the nickname “King of Danish Eurovision”. He participated seven times in the Danish finals and won three of them, in 1979, 1981 and 1993. Among the non-ESC songs from this period is “Du’ Det Dejligste” which is also recorded in a version with Kirsten and Søren (Hoteyes) and “Du Skælder Mig Hele Tiden Ud”, a duet with Anette Heick - the daughter of Keld Heick, with whom Tommy worked with his ESC songs in the ‘80s. 1993 was the turning point in his career and in his life. It started out so well with the victory in the Danish final, which was decided by televoting and he was a very clear number one and everyone was prasing him. Two months later, he became the most hated person in Denmark after the bad position in Ireland, which resulted in Denmark not being able to participate in the 1994 Contest. The press and the population who recently gave him the victory now turned their backs upon him. 1993 also brought the end of his marriage. Just a few months after the ESC, his wife left him and in the following years he didn’t have much contact with his children either.

In the years 1999 and 2000 he suddenly found himself as a cult figure in discos with the young people who remembered him and his songs from their childhood.
      The last few years of his life was one long struggle to maintain his life as a musicaian, but the offers he got were only in small places like bars and clubs.
      In 2001 he collapsed with a heart attack caused by the alcohol abuse which started in 1993. After a long time in hospital, he got back on his feet again playing the music he loved, but the time as a cult figure was over. He didn’t get the recognition he deserved. The love and the joy for the music was still there, but the record companies no longer had faith in in him.
      Tommy Seebach probably ended his life as a very lonely and bitter man. But he will forever have a place in my heart, as a Eurovision fan."

- E.

Comment

Holy fuck! I was about to go clubbing and get laid a couple of times, but little me has crawled inside!
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Oh geez, I hadda look... I hadda look. Why, why, whyyyyy? The chicks only decreased the gayness of that by a mere 1%. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

OMG that's hilarious!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The guitarist looked like an unholy cross between Charles Bronson and Tony Iommi.

Wow, there's isn't a word adequate to describe how bad that was...

Comment

2 hours 26 minutes to d/l

It's gotta be way more ghey than the Genghis Khan vid! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, 44 megs. I don't think so...
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  2 hours 26 minutes to d/l

It's gotta be way more ghey than the Genghis Khan vid! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me Ron, it'll be worth the wait to download. Gayness to the 10th power! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

The insanity peaks when the keyboardist steps away from his rig to dance with the chicks, while the voice says crap like "Brave warriors - riders of the plains!".

Definitely worth the bandwidth.

I have another clip I can post of a female performer which is equally bad, but for a whole different set of reasons. Kind of like the Great Kat, only on keyboards.

- E.

Comment

Just saw it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It wasn't that bad! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                      Dude was kinda goofy lookin' but that was the 70s, I bet he was gettin' all kinds of Euro tail! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Chicks were kinda cute too...I like the skimpy outfits....

Comment

Freakin' catchy song!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "Apache-pache Boy! Apache-pache Boy!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Definitely the aboriginal-dressed chicks and the wicked Gibson blunted the gayness factor... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, the dancing girls were cute (: (: although they must be old grannies by now..... [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Freakin' catchy song!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's a cover. It was a surfer type tune from the 60s.

Comment

Working...
                            X