Wheeee wakeup call!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheeee wakeup call!

Nothin like a little Tokyo earthquake to nudge you outta bed at 7 in the damn morning..

Nah, wasn't a big one, just enough to make me sit up and rub my eyes as I watched the light above me (attached to the ceiling by its plug, as most light fixtures here are) sway [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] nah, wasn't gonna fall it's a special little rig that locks when ya twist it so those plugs are more secure than they look.

Re: Wheeee wakeup call!

I am glad you are ok.
    [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yup, this is what ya get for living in a country that sits right on the meeting point of three tectonic plates, huh?

I'm surprised this is only the third quake I've felt in seven months here.. I was told that on average you feel one once a month or so.

Comment

Yea, you get more often.
        Actually, I watch NHK news everyday on TV(by Satellite) and there have been more than 10 quakes reported in the past 6months.
        Maybe you haven't noticed.
        Maybe they are quiet because of preparing for a big one?
        That's what some people say so.. scary stuff for sure.
        When there was this huge earthquake in Kobe, You could feel it even you were in Tokyo.

Comment

Hey man, I am happy that things are ok for you. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yup there have been quite a few rumbles here.. There was another noticable but smaller tremor during my afternoon class as well.. 7th floor of the new building which was just completed/opened in the last few weeks. I pointed out that the building was new but my classmate and teacher objected that they feel the building was constructed so fast that its sturdiness might be questionable.. eh, whatever.

There was a series of 5-6 magnitude quakes on one night (and a few random recurrences during the following days) out in Niigata, which could be felt from Tokyo.. a couple weeks ago there was one in Fukuoka that caused a bit of damage as well.. . The big one will hit, not a matter of if, but when. But oh well, we gotta keep living our lives anyway right? There isn't much that can be done.
            In the meantime I think I'll just keep rockin! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It's been over 10 years, but I was in that earthquake in Sydney that killed around 10 people in the Newcastle area. I was in the middle of pinching a loaf in a bathroom on the top floor of some building in North Sydney when the shaking started and, yes, the lights went out and I had my pants around my ankles. Being on the top floor, the shaking was really intense, and the possibility of death crossed my mind, but I was mostly laughing my ass off. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Glad you're ok, Steve. Don't think you're escaping when you come back to the States, though. Oregon is slated for the Really Big One sometime in the next 500 years or so...

Comment

Many earthquakes go unnoticed. We get quite a few around hear too, not nearly at your rate, but I've never felt one. I always manage to sleep through them.

Comment

Glad you are alright. Still boring as hell here in Mudville. [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] Maybe you could bring back some of those earthshakers with you when you come home [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X