Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever hooked a 4x12 up to a computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever hooked a 4x12 up to a computer?

For some reason I have the urge to hook up the speaker outputs on my soundcard to my 4x12....is 16ohms gonna ruin the computer, or will it even work? I have a feeling that I need powered speakers to even do this so I doubt it but I figured I'd pop the question anyways [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Anyone ever hooked a 4x12 up to a computer?

Yeah, you need an amp. I used to run Wolfenstein-3D and Doom on a 486 through my half-stack. What was pretty cool is how the amp picked up all the little pops, clicks and whirring noises from inside the computer. Normally this would be annoying, but in those particular games it was more unnerving, adding to the tension of the first-person shooter claustrophobia.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

WHY?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

NICE thinking! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I like the madness of it

Comment

actually you'd need 2 cabs for stereo.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

i knew a bass player that hooked up a bass rig(8x10 i believe) to his computer to play counterstrike!

Comment

A friend of mine went to school with a kid who'd hook his amp and 4x12 up to his computer while playing Ghost Recon or some other Tom Clancy FPS. And then would crank it so loud that a shotgun or sniper rifle blast would sound like a bomb went off in the dorm room. Fun stuff!

Comment

Working...
              X