Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a couple questions about working out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a couple questions about working out.

Summer's coming and I figure now's the time to start working out to get a "summer body." Anyway, right now I'm 21, 5'9 and 136-140 lbs. I just want to shape up around my abs/stomach and chest area. My arms could use a little more muscle on em also. The main thing I'm looking to do is burn off the layer around my stomach and my love handles and get rid of the annoying man boobs I've had since I was a kid. I'm convinced the moobs are from using steroid containing inhalers when I was younger.

So basically I'm looking for tips/routines I should be doing daily to burn off the extra poundage around my stomach and aforementioned manboobs. For background I'm in pretty good physical shape already, I surf almost every morning for at least two hours, run 1.5 or 2 miles a day on the treadmill, stationary bike for at least 30 minutes a day, do 50 pushups/situps and don't eat fast food or drink soda at all. Just looking for all kinds of workout/diet tips on how to get a little leaner around my midsection. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Re: Got a couple questions about working out.

You, my boy, need to look at your father and your mum. Sounds like with all the surfing and such, you are in great shape. Genes play a great part in how you look and whether you can shape your body the way you want. As an afterthought, stop drinking beer and go to wine. If that doesn't work, then give up and accept the way you look. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

That's actually pretty encouraging because when my dad, who's 62, was my age he was incredibly ripped from paddling, surfing, and swimming. The pictures of him and my uncle from back then make me look like a complete slob eventhough I feel good about the way I look now, they were just workout machines back then. I'm talking defined sixpacks and good arms with lean body's. There's hope for me yet!

Comment

Diet and cardio is the only way to get your abs showing.

Hook up with a trainer at a gym someone that can help you with your diet and a routine.

Comment

Sorta LRGman but keep in mind that the more muscle you put on the more fat you burn

You seem pretty light in weight I seriously would look at going away from the running and going to some big Multijoint weight lifting. Build some muscle and that wille at the fat... then when you put on a little muscle start running again to shed the remaining fat and of course watch your diet
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Getting toned abs is all about cardio and diet like LRGman said.

However, I would do what Tetsuo said first. Lift weights, bulk up, and then switch to a cutting phase with intense cardio to burn fat. Stay away from fatty foods.

Also, I'm pretty lightweight and always have trouble bulking up; my metabolism is super fast and I'm genetically thin. Because of that I avoid cardio as much as possible, however, once a week I do an hour of really intense boxing. This helps me keep my body fat low, I don't burn that much msucle, and it's fun as hell beating the crap out of a punch bag [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I am just looking at the case Lev... For me I put on muscle and fat real easy... I can increase my bench by 10-15 lbs a week in a muscle stage... some can some can't... a thinner guy needs more weight traing than cardio because my bottom dollar is on the fact that he is burning more muscle than fat when working out

Comment

you sound like I disagreed what you said but we pretty much said the same thing man lol. I was saying he needs to bulk up and lift, with little cardio (in my case once a week), which seems to be close to what you're suggesting as well.

Comment

Less cardio eh? Thanks for the advice guy's, keep it coming!

Comment

Eat Pizza ...and take a nap

then do some curls...then eat some more Pizza..

you'll look awesome!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Real men have beer guts. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        you sound like I disagreed what you said but we pretty much said the same thing man lol. I was saying he needs to bulk up and lift, with little cardio (in my case once a week), which seems to be close to what you're suggesting as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I was drinking last night what can I say [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

dont know if you're a skater, but ice hockey conditioned the "core" of your body... stomach/abs/chest.. it may not be a 6 pack, but it'll definately be a lot stronger..

not sure if that answers your question, but works for me.

Comment

Dude you dont need to do anything you live in SO.CAL! You surf and skate unless you look like something that got scraped off the Newport pier you are gonna get some action.

Comment

Working...
                            X