I'm on a mission......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm on a mission......

I HAVE to find a 64 Mustang for my daughters 16th birthday....I have 2 years to locate one, but...the kicker is....it has to be "hello kitty" pink....even if its trashed, but can be restored would be fine....her cousin is a pro at restorations, but partial to Chevys....anybody know where to find one of these????

Mrs LPC

Re: I\'m on a mission......

The only real pink ones stock were the Playboy pink 66's, they're kinda rare but you see them for sale every now and again. 1st Gen mustangs are Easy to find, easy to restore. Your best bet is to actually buy one for 4k-6k and just paint it, alot easier than spending the time and money on resto since your not going for a concorse resto, Find one with a nice running 289 and a c4 auto, At most you'll only upgrade the Front brakes to disc's off a granada.

here's the Ember Glow 66 Convertible we did for my sisters 18th Bday

I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Way better picture
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Sounds like a winner to me....she doesnt need alot of speed if shes anything like me....theres too many trees on the mountain where she lives LOL....maybe I can run across one that needs a bit of bodywork here and there and go with that....she will be happy just to have a car of her own, and all she will have to do is pay the insurance...well, Momma and Sam have to pay!!! She had her choice of the car I have now or try to find an older one for her....I tried to talk her into a "cool vanilla" Convertible PT Cruiser...she didnt like that idea at all....but she would be soooo cute in it....its a "little girl" car afterall...and shes 88 lbs, cant get much smaller than that...and Ive always thought of the convertible PT Cruiser as a "cheerleader" car...and that fits her to a "T".....

Anyway, enough of my rambling...Ive got awhile to find it....thanks for the info!!!

Comment

Man... I wish I had cool parents.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

My daughters are the best things that ever happened to me, and I have to do lots of "cool" stuff for them since they do not live with us, and they are 8 hours away....I dont get to see them but maybe 3 or 4 times a year so I gotta do alot of sucking up to them to make up for the times Im not there for them

Mrs LPC

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Man... I wish I had cool parents.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Just buy one and paint it pink, as suggested. Believe me, if she's anything like the sixteen year old's hear, she'll freak out just for getting a car. Funny, but that's exactly what I wanted to buy, minus the pink. Then I looked at the gas mileage those things get. Nope, not my car.

I was excited when my mom practically gave me her old car. It's a small, dented, purple Hyundai. I love it. Standard, good gas mileage, and no car problems. Great car for highschool.

Comment

Im dead set and determined to find her one, let her cousin John restore it and paint it pink....I guess I really follow 1 rule: What Tia wants, Tia GETS!!!

Comment

I love mustangs. A lot. That said. Have you ever driven a stock 64 mustang? I have. I hate to be negative, but they are hard to steer, and the brakes are iffy at best. Nothing like a modern car that is safe, easy and pleasant to drive.

Lotsa people update the steering to I think Pinto stuff and the brake upgrade that DRS mentioned as well.

Just something to bear in mind. I have to think it's a harder car to control than something more modern.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I love mustangs. A lot. That said. Have you ever driven a stock 64 mustang? I have.

Just something to bear in mind. I have to think it's a harder car to control than something more modern.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very wise. My Daughter is 4 years old. When it comes time for her to drive, she is getting a Hummer or a giant Cadillac. It may sound awful, but everyone else be damned. I only get one daughter, and if she runs into something, I want her to come out the winner.

Shawn.
                      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Sam, I have a guy up the street from me that has at least three mustangs for sale right now. He restores them, but also sells them in various states of restoration. I'm not sure of the exact years though. I know they're between 64 - 68, but thats all I know from my memory. PM me if you are interested and I can talk to the guy sometime this week.
                        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

The guy to call is Steve Curry. He is here in Oregon but knows just about everybody that deals with Mustangs. His number is 541-772-5222. He owns a sweet GT350 and just sold a matching pair of 65s,a coupe and a fastback. His son owns a killer 65 convertible that looks like it just came off the production line. there are also some magazines to look for,Mcmanus , Autotrader,and you can go online to find what you are after. There are alot of Mustangs you can buy for 3 to 4 grand. And when it comes to taking care of your daughters I feel for you I have two of my own. Good Luck and let me know if I can help.

Comment

Working...
                          X