Steve Vai in Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Vai in Cleveland

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. My computer has been in the shop for a few weeks, and I am currently using the comp at the public library....hand sanitizer please....

Anyway, I went to the Vai show in Cleveland last week-EVO package and all. It was awesome. Steve asked not to go into details aboyut what happens during the event, so I will respect that. However I will mention that I got to hold his EVO guitar and damn is that thing beat to hell...certainly has mojo. And another thing....Steve is really short. Surprisingly, so is Billy Sheehan. To sum up, if you haven't gotten the chance to see Steve live, go for it. Eric sardinas opened up and he was killer-jumped out into the crowd and strolled around the HOB playing his guitar! Steve's show was also a spectacle. I was crammed right up against the stage for the whole 2.5 hour set. I was about 10 feet from Billy and Dave all night. Billy had a PHAT chromed out bass-even the back of the neck was chrome! Their new drummer is awesome too-he was telling a story during soundcheck about how he woke up at 11 am, and said "I can't be up this early!" and went back to bed until 4. Aside from a few technical problems with Steve's guitars, the show went smoothly. Well, gotta go-see y'all soon! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Steve Vai in Cleveland

WOW that sounds awesome I am going to see him tomorrow...

You must be a giant though... When I met Steve he wasn't towering but to me he was anything but really short....

And in the GW he is about as I remember him around 6' alexi is maybe 5'5" and Zakk about 6'2"
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Saw Vai here in St. Louis on Sunday. It was a killer show. Eric Sardinas opend up with an amazing live performance. I was pretty impressed with him. Vai's set was long, but never disappointing. I don't care what people say about liking/disliking his music. That guy is truly a master of his instrument.

I didn't think Vai was that short. But I did notice that Billy Sheehan was wearing some platform type boots. Maybe that's why he looks taller than he is.

Either way, it was a killer show.

Comment

I believe that the show was amazing!!! Did he play For the love of God? It has been on his show looooong time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw him in Cincinnati last Saturday. Yes. He still plays FTLOG, although it's somewhat of a different arrangement with Tony starting out on keyboard.
          I got up to about the fourth row right in front of Steve. Man, when he gazes at you he really is connecting with you personally. It was truly a great experience. This was my first time seeing him live. I've been waiting around 16 years to see him and it finally happened. I'm still in awe of the whole night. I wish I would have got the EVO tickets but my friend didn't want to spend that much and I didn't want to do it alone.
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X