Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed-Caree in Finance Sector

Guys:
    Any of you working in a Financial Sector? I'm planning to major in Finance and would like to know what are the day to day things people do in the financial sector.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Fong

Re: Help needed-Caree in Finance Sector

Well, I majored in Finance and I sell pharmaceuticals which has nothing to do with Finance. Bottom line is, I guess you can have somewhat of a head start in doing whatever you want as long as you have the degree. Lots of folks are successful with and without a college education. I think more doors are opened for you with the degree though. Good luck on all those Balance Statements. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

step 1 - learn how to spell career [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I agree about education and degree's Brad. Hell a lot of the higher tech companies won't hire anyone without an MBA, which I think is stupid. I know people who have MBA's that have the common sense of a rock. I know people who have associates and BA's that are 100x better employees and more productive and any MBA employees.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Agree totally on the MBA. It was originily conceived to be a supplemental degree for engineers for them to understand business perspective. Unfortunately alot of MBAs today have basketweaving degrees as their batchelor degrees......

Comment

Working...
        X