Scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam?

So I've received 2 emails in the past two days about my Johnson head for sale that after some replying and having a bit of conversation eventually turn into "I have a client who owes me $3000 he will send you a cashiers check for that amount and you can cash it and keep the money for the amp and send me the rest via Western Union bank transfer"

Obviously this is a scam of some sort, but how does it work...?

Re: Scam?

http://www.imperialclub.com/classifieds/scams.htm
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Tell the stupid bastard to have his client send HIM the check, then HE sends YOU the money for the amp, or to go take a flying leap up an elephant's ass.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Its a scam definitely.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          So I've received 2 emails in the past two days about my Johnson head for sale

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(sorry, dude, that just cracked me up!)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            So I've received 2 emails in the past two days about my Johnson head for sale

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(sorry, dude, that just cracked me up!)

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I should've seen that comin...

Thanks for the link and info dudes! When the second chick emailed me I even emailed back saying that just the structure of the initial email looked like a scam and she emailed me back basically saying "I'm glad to hear you are cautious about internet scams. I am a legitimate business woman in my country. Now cash my fake check and send me $3000 even though I don't even know what you're selling." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I get these all the time man.... I even strung a guy long enough where he sent me a bogus check for $3200 instead of $32,000, TMDiamond was here that day, pretty comical...

I just tell them to blow me or send cash.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Hehehe....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Tell the stupid bastard to have his client send HIM the check, then HE sends YOU the money for the amp, or to go take a flying leap up an elephant's ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that just made me spit coke all over my laptop...damn you Newc!

Comment

Just got the third one now! Christ does it ever end? Now I know why people omit the @ sign from their e-mail addresses when they post items for sale...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good page, here's another info-packed one:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.htm
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Think this is a scam? I just got it...hehe...

__________________________________________________ ______

Dear FRIEND,

I presume this letter will come to you as a suprise,but as things unfold,we will know each other better and how I got your contact.I will start by introducing myself to you, I am Mrs Tessy Obaseki.,the wife of Chief Jackson Gaius
                        Obaseki,the Group Managing Director and Chief Executive of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

I am very sure that you will be of a good assistance after carefully reading my letter. For many years of marriage now between me and my husband,I have not given birth,and this has really troubled my husband.This is as a result of so much respect attached to local Tradition Culture and Custom in there community. And now my husband is dead, In short to be sincere and honest with you,with the present situation of things now, I am being treaten daily by my husband
                        family to get me out from the house. My husband parents and brothers are not left out in this matter.This situation has really affected me psychologically, most of the time I am in the church to pray and rest myself,because there
                        is no room for rest in my own home again. As I am writing to you now,I am no longer assured of a matrmonial home, hence I seek for your urgent assistance and help me out, which I know will go a long way in geting me settled down finally.

I want to use this opportunity,since my husband family are tring to abandoned me because of childlessness,to move this amount of (US$32M) million us dollars into your custody for safe keeping, pending my arrival in your country. Be informed that this said amount was given to my husband as gratification from some foreign oil companies he helpede in securing Allocation for the Drilling of Crude Oil in Nigeria. As a civil servant then, he does not want to be esposed, so he gave me this money to keep in my personal account, this was when the going was okay between us,so that he can exonerate himself from the eyes of Government security operatives and the civil service commission(CSC)
                        which is the body that scrutinizes the activities of all civil servants in Nigeria as checks and balances for official misconduct.

Please i need your urgent assistance because my husband family are tring to take all I and my husbnad has labourd for and throw me out of the house, please don't let
                        this happen to me come and save me out of this truouble and i will be forever be geatfull to you.

To be sincere and honest with you,this money is never connected with drugs, money aundry,firearms and looting, which I beleive might put fears in you and consequently withdrawing your help for security reasons. Hence the
                        source of this said money is clean and clear. This money was eposited in my personal Domicillary Account and I have discussed with the bank manager who is very close to me, my intention to transfer the money out of Nigeria and he
                        promise to render to me all the assistance I needed to transfer the money out of Nigeria.

All I need now is for you to send me your bank account and other informations,to enable my bank apply for foreign exchange at the Federal Ministry of Finance with your name as the beneficiary of the fund.This is how my bank has planned it,to avoid any suspicion from our apex bank. Be
                        rest assured that this transaction is 100% risk free, As soon as I receive your response and your willingness to help as regards to his I will furnish you on the next line of action to take immediately. Note,as soon as the money is successfully transfered into your account, I will start coming to meet you in your country.I romise to compensate you very well at the successful end, this is the guranttee I am giving you from my heart of heart.Be informed according to my bank manager,this transaction will not last more than 7 working bank days and it will be concluded because every necessary/vital arrangements has been put in place, take note. Your negative or positive response will be highly appreciated by me,Thanks and Godbless your family.

Looking forward to your anticipated and urgent positive
                        response.

[email protected]

Yours Sincerely,
                        Mrs Tessy Obaseki

Wow an easy 32 mill not connected with drugs or wrongdoing!!! How could I go wrong!

Comment

Hahahaha! Tell her you want her husband's family's email so you can inform them of this and you want a video tape of them beheading her. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I got a couple scam emails like this awhile ago when trying to sell a Carvin on the HC classifieds and some other site. I just fuck with them and lead them on long enough to expose their scam, and then they get mad and tell me I'm rude and they don't bother with me again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good page, here's another info-packed one:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Those two pages took me the better part of two hours to read. However, it was totally worth it. I highly recommend all of you read up and pass these links onto loved ones to prevent potential heartache.

RacerX's link has some comedy thrown in so it doesn't feel totally like a boring lecture. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X