Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is King of the Hill still on the air?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How is King of the Hill still on the air?

Here's my take on the King Of The Hill issue. I have friends who live in NY now for work or school but a lot of them are from Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and such. People in these middle of nowhere bumf*ck states actually love this show, they can identify with it. My buddy Andy from OKC knows people like every single character of that show back home. so it's on because people outside of the US's major metro areas can identify with it.

I set up my Tivo to record Fox's entire Sunday night line up because it rules for the most part, and what else am I gonna watch the nights when CSI or Star Trek are not on?

Oh, and btw cartoon Network's entire Sunday night line up is just amazing. Aqua Teen is by far the most insane show ever! Venture Brothers just keeps getting funnier, Sealab, harvey Birdman, Home Movies, all that crap stays recorded in my Tivo till they put them out on DVD.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Family Guy, Sealab 2021, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force are my favorite shows on tv at the moment.

Tetsuo, American Dad only aired one episode and I don't think they're going to make any others.

[/ QUOTE ]

No American Dad is going to be on after Family Guy starting May 1st. I just find it stupid that they don't put one on say Thursday and the other on Sunday or something like that.

Bill with South Park the show became to predictable for me that is every show though for me I usually like the first couple seasons then I tune out because I am telling the jokes before the cast is... I still laugh at the show but I just don't set time aside to watch it. Same happened to me with Beavis and Butthead though now I go back and watch it and am so upset that it was cancelled I remember it before it even became a show on Liquid TV on MTV "Frog Baseball"
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

FYI on American Dad

http://www.fox.com/americandad/home.htm
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Family Guy is awesome...by far my favorite show on TV. Spent many a night in college getting drunk and staying up till 6am watch episodes of it over and over and over again. I think my favorite one was the one where they were put in the witness protection program and sent down south....the racoon and Peter falling through the floor is hilarious, not to mention Dukes of Hazzarding the station wagon!

King of the Hill is ok...some episodes are better than others, but it doesn't captivate my attention the same as Family Guy or South Park do.

Comment

Same reason why Nascar exists

all the hicks still watch it

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] j/k

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              FYI on American Dad

http://www.fox.com/americandad/home.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

oh ok.. I noticed they took it off the Adult Swim site so I figured maybe they just canned the idea (didn't know it was on Fox). It's like you said before, way too similar to the family guy, I don't see the point of having both.

Comment

King of the Hill is a great social commentary on Southern culture. If you don't get it, your head is up your ass.

Family Guy, on the other hand... Archie Bunker themes with no understanding of how those themes relate to real life. Extended scenes lifted from other sources whole cloth. Painfully bland animation. Bad music. Shamelessly rips off The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Beavis and Butthead, etc. When it's cancelled again, King of the Hill will still be on.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                X