Boston, MA info request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston, MA info request

Sox are on the road starting Wednesday. But a Fenway tour is always cool and available every hour starting at 9:00AM. And if you feel home sick and want a little English Pub type food Cornwalls in Kenmore Square is quite good. Good beer/hang out spot also.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

go to Joe Tecci's in the north end, or any restaurant in the north end, the italian food is primo. everytime i go back east i overdose on pizza and italian food, so when i come back my blood type is Ragu.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        You can catch a Boston Red Sox game

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah a couple of primo seats just became available done the right field line today [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I have lived on Cape Cod for 8 years now (soon to be moving back to CA) and every time we are in Boston we go to The Union Oyster House for lunch. Great oysters,the wife likes the JFK booth and its the oldest restaurant in America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I've eaten in that same booth several years ago with my parents...I remember my mom saying this is probably where JFK brought his fluzies! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The best thing about Boston is that most everything is knitted very close together, so you can walk to most places, especially if you're staying downtown. To venture outside or across town (like Cambridge) is pretty easy using the subway (which is very easy to use) or with a cab ride. If you're gonna rent a car just to drive out to Matt's, I'd try and rent a car for just that time, as it's kinda a pain and expensive to keep it in the city.

If you like Italian food, try one of the restaurants in the North End, which are all on the smallish side with great food. And leave some room for a Cannoli at Mike's Pastry:
          http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Nor...astry-BR-1.html
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Yeah a couple of primo seats just became available done the right field line today

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Knuckleheads

Comment

Here are my suggestions...

* Fanuel Hall (lots of cool shops, bars and restaurants)
              * Duck Tour (amphibious cars that will give you a tour of Boston and the Charles River)
              * Top Of The Hub (gourmet food at the top of the tallest building in Boston)
              * Newbury Street (cool shops, right in the middle of Boston)
              * The North End (close your eyes and pick a restaurant, they're all amazing Italian places)
              * Lansdown Street (lots of bars, lots of hot college girls, right next to Fenway Park)
              * Matt's Music (dorky guitar salesman that thinks he knows everything, but is sadly mistaken)

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                You can catch a Boston Red Sox game

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah a couple of primo seats just became available done the right field line today [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks very much for all this guys, it's really helpful: From Matt's description, Lansdown Street sounds pretty cool, but I'm not sure the wife would agree!
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Let me know when you get into town Ian,maybe we can hook up if/when you get to Matts,some nice restaurants,etc, in the area too!!

Comment

Chuck: Sounds cool to me! I'm aiming to get to Matt's on either the Monday or Tuesday next week...not sure about timing yet as I have to convince the Mrs of the validity and duration of that sort of trip! (I think she's starting to get wary that we're going to spend all our time at or travelling to various locations which have no meaning to her but are as important to me as Stonehenge!)

Comment

We're flying out tomorrow so thanks for all your info guys....

Chuck, at the moment, I'm aiming to get to Matt's Music on Monday (25th)morning, probably for around 11:00 as I have another commitment in the downtown at 13:30.

Cheers
                        Ian

Comment

Chuck: Suprise, suprise, things have changed. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get onto the web, but if I can I'll PM you to let you know when I'll be at Matt's....

Comment

Working...
                          X