Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Sam Mills

No relation...

Former New Orleans Saints and Carolina Panther's linebacker Sam Mills passed away this morning after a battle with intestinal cancer.

I originally started paying attention to him because we shared the same last name and my favorite/lucky number is 51. (which is what Sam wore) Despite being on the 'Aints, he was quite a capable linebacker which, made me watch him a bit more.

Rest in peace Sam, your legend lives on.

http://www.panthers.com/photos/perm/...mills_main.jpg
    Occupy JCF

Re: RIP Sam Mills

RIP Sam. He was one hell of a ball player.

Cancer is a prick.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Sam Rocked, one of the LB's in the late 80's thru the mid 90's RIP
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Hope the NFL does a tribute to him like they did for reggie

Comment

Wow. I'm sure my Dad won't be happy to hear about this - he's THE Saints fan. He can name every former-Saint that went to every other team and later won MVP or some other trophy.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

All of my favorite athletes are the over-achiever type, and he was just about the ultimate. 5-foot-9, 225, nobody would draft him. He finally got a shot in the USFL, where he dominated, & Mora brought him to the Saints when he got the job there. He made 5 Pro Bowls, and the word was that he was shaping up to be an even better coach than he was a player. Very sad news.

Comment

Wow I thought he had come out of that, very sad to hear.Love to watch the guys that they say are to small or to slow or to whatever else to play overcome those things.

Comment

Him and Ricky JAckson rocked that Linebacking core of the saints
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Sam was and is a hero here in Charlotte. I'm really bummed out about this having been a Carolina Panthers fan since they started, I feel really lucky to have been able to see him play. In front of Bank of America Stadium there is a huge statue of Sam. He will be missed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X