Creative selling ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative selling ideas?

So after much procrastination I finally ripped my entire (~1000) CD collection. Now WTF am I going to do with the discs? Local shops would probably pick through them and take maybe half @ $1-2 per them immediately mark them up to $8-10, that's a crappy option. I thought about eBay but I don't have anything like the time/patience to run hundreds of auctions and ship all of that crap out. Ditto selling them through Amazon. Anyone have any ideas? Ideally I'd like to find a shop/service here in NoCal that'd take the lot for a reasonable price but that's a longshot. Just so there are no misunderstandings: I'm not offering these for sale here, as a matter of fact if you want 'em you can't have em, don't even ask. I'm just looking for some thoughts on disposing of them as a set.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: Creative selling ideas?

I work in an insurance company, people phone me to buy policies or claim on an existing one...

Classic selling line to anywhere is think of old foreman

"This quote is so good, i'd put my name on it!"

Change quote to whatever else [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Shit, it honestly works

Comment

You live in NorCal, go to SoCal and sell them out of the back of your car.

Comment

Garage sale?

Comment

Since you don't care about the legality of only keeping the rips when you will no longer own the original media, why not drive down to LA, go to RIAA headquarters and fling them frisbee-style at everybody who walks in and out of the building?

Won't make you any money, unless you charge passerbys to watch the show, but I bet it would be damned fun! I'll accompany you if you like. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Jeff - The recording industry explicitly gave up control of home recording for personal use in the 70s when copyright protection was extended to sound recordings of nondramatic musical works. That was the quid pro quo for the extension of the copyright law to cover these new works. If one is in legal possession of a sound recording one has an absolute right to make a copy for personal use. It makes no difference whether one's legal possession is via purchase, borrowing froma friend, or even checking the work out from a public library. I challenge you to find a statutory prohibition to keeping recordings of legally held nondramatic musical works after the originals are sold/returned. It simply doesn't exist.

But I do like your suggestion. Maybe I'll fling 'em at my occasional business partner who consults with RIAA on copyright issues. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I did the same thing. I taught my wife how to list them on Amazon, gave her instructions to set the price as the 3rd cheapest, bought a bunch of cardboard CD mailers in bulk at 10 cents a pop (papermart.com), and some media mail postage. I told her whatever she makes she can keep. She just does it in her spare time as she's got way more important things to do, but it seems like she's regularly sending CDs out, and she likes the extra cash.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

There is nothing a hot chick in a bikini cannot sell... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Skeet Shooting Practice
                  I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Skeet Shooting Practice

[/ QUOTE ]

Half the collection is 80s metal dude. You wouldn't really skeet shoot with hair band discs would you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X