The Kinks - Destroyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kinks - Destroyer

At first listen you may not like it, but it will grow on you. Good at least for 2 listens a day for one week.

The live version on The Road is quite excellent as well and a bit more up tempo.

The range of The Kinks works is all over the place and quite impressive.

Re: The Kinks - Destroyer

one of my favorite songs
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Superb! To be quite honest this song makes me want to shimmy shimmy shake or do the twist.

Comment

Give the People What they Want was the first album I ever bought. On vinyl, even. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Funny, I was supposed to go to the Kinks show at the Meadowlands when that song was popular. It rained like a bitch on the drive there and my friends old nova bit the dust on the LIE. We missed the show. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Funny, I was supposed to go to the Kinks show at the Meadowlands when that song was popular. It rained like a bitch on the drive there and my friends old nova bit the dust on the LIE. We missed the show. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the tangent, but one of the best shows I've seen was Pink Floyd at the Meadowlands during a massive downpour. It must have sucked to be on the field, but we were dry under an overhang, and the rain made the laser show amazing.

Comment

I had this album on vinyl also. Pretty raw and wonderful...

Comment

Working...
              X