New Pope Elected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pope Elected

A Cardinal from Germany, now Pope Joseph Ratzinger. I have no religious affiliation personally, but still very important to many all over the world, so it's worth mentioning. 78 years old...Is that the average time people normally get elected Pope?

Re: New Pope Elected

Sorry, Pope Benedict XVI

Comment

78? wow...hmmm get ready for a new pope soon.

John Paul was elected pope in the 60's wasn't he? I can't remember.

too lazy to look it up.

Comment

1978 I believe...

Pat

Comment

If what I read in Dan Brown's Angels and Demons is correct, most cardinals are well into their late sixties or seventies before they are considered for pope.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, i thought that they retire at 80 tho

Comment

It's like god's mafia, the only way out is in a pine box. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

we had over 46,000 people watching it and about 26 gig of outbound bandwidth.

we've been covering this a lot, the word was that the Vatican didn't want another long running pope, so they didn't want a young cardinal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I should be Pope...

Pope Bill Z Bub VIVIVI.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No, I should. Pope Bentdick III.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Oh Very good Jimmy...you go boyeeeeeee!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'd vote for ya...

you have to waite to see the smoke....there is a billow of smoke coming from my Bong..

if the smoke if white ...we have a new Pope...if the smoke is black...I have to clean my Bong.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

78 is quite old. The cardinals obviously chose for a short office of pope this time. In many ways Benedictus XIV could be considered a transitional pope, he won't be around for long.
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              If what I read in Dan Brown's Angels and Demons is correct, most cardinals are well into their late sixties or seventies before they are considered for pope.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              That's the source of all my knowledge on Papal election process too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X