Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Pope Elected

[ QUOTE ]
    That's fine, Toe. I respect your choice. All I'm suggesting is that others do the same in return. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

It's not that people are joking at all. It's that some posts here clearly are humor based in contempt, disdain, and perhaps even hatred.

And, gee, it's only on of the world's main and largest religions, anyway. It's not like we're talking about some tiny fringe nutball religious sect, with 10 guys, a compound, lots of "koolaid", and a belief that aliens are coming to take us away in the mothership. Or some @ss on a streetcorner who's "true" religious belief is really just a lame attempt to shock others and draw attention to himself. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Whatever. I'm done. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shredder, you seem to have gotten bent over some posts here and demanding respect, that's all fine and all, but what about the folks YOU just disrespected with those comments? Doesn't fit in your beliefs, so it's only a one sided deal?

[img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I think The pope condoned the Spanish Inquisition too... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Funny how The Vatican gave their blessing to some of History's most fucked up shit! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No they didn't. They didn't approve of the violent methods the inquisition were using to "convert" the "new christians"

Comment

yes they did drip...they liked it...they ate Doritos and Pringles while they watch the "confessions"....

I know...my great great great great great grand pappy was there ...Witchfinder General Bill Z Bop...he was notorious for his "Blow me or burn" policy... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

riiiiight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_inquisition

Comment

I don't understand how they go about naming the pope though?

what's wrong with being Pope Ratzinger? Instead they have these other names...I guess they must be saints' names.

Comment

Witchfinder General.... Ah, a great unknown band from days gone by... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mushroom tea and all!!!

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                "If you are a World leader and want to drill for Oil or begin a war, you must get approval from the Vatican."

Did you forget to take your meds today???

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have been clearer: AS AN EXAMPLE, If you are a World leader and drill for Oil or begin a war, you must get approval from the Vatican and PAY RESPECT.

Go against the Vatican and you will pay more respect later.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I find it odd that a non-catholic (eg. Muslim or Buddhist) country should need to pay respects to Vatican city before they dig a hole in the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pope alway's has his zipper unlocked at all times under that dress. It must always stay oiled & greased real good, before entering it into the ground as a drill bit for darker & richer oil, this is why he is called "the most slippery man on EARTH! He does it so fast, there is no time to tax.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  All Hail UDO Ratzinger....

I wonder if he's any relation to the Dolly Madison Zingers...

watch him live to be 150 years old... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm sure he'll be a great Pontiff...as good as any of 'em.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Joseph Ratzinger... Ain't that guy a robot brother of Mazinger Z anyhow?

Comment

Working...
                  X