Let's talk about Playstation 2 games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about Playstation 2 games.

I'm not into spending piles of money on all the new games, but I know what I like, and I'm always up for suggestions. I have both Getaway games, and played them manically until I had completed them. Unfortunately the interest subsided after I finished them. I bought Ghost Recon a few weeks ago, and I love this game so much, I just bought Ghost Recon 2 from some dude on Ebay.

I have GT3, and would like to get GT4 soon. I hear that The Punisher is a good game, as are many of the James Bond titles.

Beyond that, I am not up to date on what is good. Suggestions? Opinions?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Let\'s talk about Playstation 2 games.

Metal Gear Solid 3, every Final Fantasy game and GTA, of course.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I played Final Fantasy X (I think) at my friend's house. Only time I ever played PS2, but I loved that game

Comment

GTA:SA is cool.
        Mercenaries is pretty cool.
        Nascar 2005 is fun until you get tired of literally going around in circles.

I'm having trouble hitting in ESPN's MLB2K5. There are too many options in that game.

Comment

God Of War = Blood and Titties [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3

Splinter Cell anything (more Tom Clancyness)

And get a Codebreaker or GameShark. They make games infinitely more enjoyable [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have the essentials- GT3, Tiger Woods '05, and ESPN Hockey '05. That's really about all I want.

Comment

Virtua Fighter 4 and Tekken 5 both kick ass. I want to get GT4 pretty soon.

Comment

One more vote for Metal Gear Solid 3. I just finished it last week, definitely holds its own against the last two made.

Comment

Katamari Damacy.

Incredibly original and fun game--the best game of last year, imo. It's cheap too.

Comment

I pretty much just buy GTAs and Maddens whenever they come out. I like the Armored Core series,too. I forgot about MGS, I should probably pick that up.

Comment

PS2 games:
                      1. Military stuff - For stealth opps and missions = Splinter cell series. These are very good.
                      2. Vampire stuff - For in all out slice em, dice em, bite em, kill em blood gore fest = Bloodrayne games. Devil May Cry series are good.
                      3. Miscell. stuff - GTA3, vice city.
                      4. Scary stuff - Any of the older Res. Evil games preferrably 1&2. Silent Hill 1 is the best of this series to play. These are PS1 games and can be played on PS2 units.
                      Cop stuff - Max Payne 1. Incredible! A must play.

PC Games:
                      Scary stuff - D00M3 = Incredible. I believe its out now for Xbox.
                      Military stuff - Battlefield Vietnam = Good stuff hear.
                      Metal of Honor "Allied Assault". Addicting indeed, good stuff, couldn't put it down too much fun. This game made it to consoles too. If you don't have it on PC get on console...you'll love it.
                      Kill em all games - Quake3, UT1, 2003, 2004.
                      The greatest PC game ever - Morrowind "Elder Srcolls". Its on Xbox too. I have absolutely no discipline when playing this game. Everything and everyone around me ceases to exist when I play this game. Phone calls don't get answered, errands don't get ran, things in general just don't get down when playing this game. The game owns me.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Doom 3 is indeed on the XBox now, and if you've got a PC that can run it, go that route instead if you like the idea of Doom's tradition of a Console to enter cheat codes. They didn't put that in the XB version, and that was the dumbest thing they could have done.
                        It's still good, but it's not "Doom" as far as I'm concerned.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, with D00M3 (PC version) there was one level I had to use the cheat code "god". If I didn't I otherwise wouldn't have made it. I forget what mission it was (kept getting killed, never had enough ammo and weapons to survice the repeated attacks)didn't make it through that particular mission without the cheat.

Yeah, definitely need a good video card and enough memory to run and play the game.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I like Dynasty Warriors 3, Dynasty Warriors 5, and Samurai Warriors a ton. Those games are so much fun to play and they also are EXTREMELY addictive!

Final Fantasy series are also a lot of fun to play. I like the GTA series for mindless kill somet time fun.

Comment

I've been looking at getting one of the Splinter Cell games. I'm not into fighting games like Virtua Fighter and whatnot, and I don't like football/baseball/soccer/hockey games either. I love GTA, but I haven't played San Andreas yet.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X