I just bought a shiny ring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought a shiny ring...

For my girlfriend. Looks like I am gonna be popping the question soon... Any advice/comments for a jcf'er who is about to take the plunge?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: I just bought a shiny ring...

Keep the ring in your pocket. You'll never know when the time is right to pop the question. I kept mine in my pocket for 6 months before I knew it was the right time.

Other than that, just keep being best friends.
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Moon!

Awesome news. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Advice from your little JCF sis... just be yourself. Tell her how much you love her and don't forget to get down on your knee! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Goodluck! You'll be awesome and blow her clean away.

Being married has its ups and downs just like anything else, but when you are lucky enough to be able to spend your life with your bestest buddy EVAR, then remember that. Remember your buddyship always.

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Em

Comment

Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Just kidding I hope all the best for you and the future Mrs.Gms
        I agree with Em [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You had it right the first time man... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dude, be damn sure you know what's up and that's what you want, there's no turning back after that one bro! No matter what anyone says, after she walks down that isle, EVERYTHING changes... Be prepared!

But if it's all good, Congrad's man!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Any advice/comments for a jcf'er who is about to take the plunge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never let her find out that you announced it here before you asked her. Your priorities are right but she'll never forgive you for it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Let me preface by saying that I love my wife very much and our son is very, very cool, (he will be 1 in June and I am going to have Bloodsplatter teach him the intro to Mean Street!).

That said, do not do this thing unless you absolutly have to.

Nuff said.
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Pre-nup.
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Unless you *have to*?? By chance, were the ushers at your wedding toting shotguns? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Keep the ring in your pocket. You'll never know when the time is right to pop the question. I kept mine in my pocket for 6 months before I knew it was the right time.

Other than that, just keep being best friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best advice I've heard when it comes to that. Just don't wait too long and lose the ring when the time comes [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] I'm only 21, have no plans whatsoever right now to get married, so I can't offer any great advice, so just do what Em said [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

What Em said?
                      Uh-oh-Crap. I forgot to add my disclaimer! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] J/K [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials! When you do finally ask let her know to check out our website abridal.com We stock over 1000 wedding gowns all at factory direct prices.

Comment

Can anyone here play trumpet? Taps doesn't sound right on the guitar.

j/k - congrats
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Marriage is beautiful thing and it's also expensive to get out of. Tell her the reason why you feel this way and how this is the best decision you have ever made (makes it harder for her to say no). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

best wishes to both of you

Comment

I am offically logging in 9 years in 4 more days so when I say this I mean it and I will quote Bruce Dickenson
                              "Run for the hills, run for your life"

Just Kidding I am actually still happily married and my wife and I run a business together... As far as popping the question just be sincere and the time will show itself anything though is better than how I did it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X