Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Restoration?

Hey guys,

I have this watch my grandfather gave to me when he passed. It was drenched in a water balloon fight when I was 8 and is rusted stiff inside. It's not expensive or anything, but it just means a lot to me. Is there anywhere I can send it to get gutted and renewed or would that just cost too much?

- Irfaan -

Re: Watch Restoration?

Danny Spitz! He's a boda-fide watchmaker! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was thinking the same thing. Gonna wait till the reunion tour is done though [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

If it rusted, probably not. Perhaps you could have a custom movement fitted to the case, but yeah, you're talking a LOT of money.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Is there a watch repair shop in your town? You could have it retrofitted with a new or used movement it shouldn't cost that much. If it was your Grandads you could get it shadowboxed with cool picture of you both!

Comment

My grandfather left me a watch also!
            It has never worked and that is OK...I will never lose it that way.
            The important thing is that you are remembering those who came before you...If it is too expensive to fix just carry it in your pocket every once in while..It will make you feel just as good!

Best of luck!
            Dan

Comment

I live in NY, so I'm sure there is one, I just came across it a few days ago and thought about it. Yah, if I can't fix it that's definatly a cool idea.

Comment

Working...
              X