Dude! F**k You! (...A young me.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude! F**k You! (...A young me.)

Trying out a new scanner. So, in the spirit of prior "in our youth" pics posted here, I give you a pic from my very early "dude" stage. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This pic was taken in early high school by my cousin Tony - we've been good buds since we were little kids. IIRC, we were walking up to school freshman year, Tony was monkeying around with a new camera, and I was displaying typical early teenage "dude" angst. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That would've made me around 14 years old at the time, in late '82 or early '83.

Scrawny little f**k, wasn't I? If you can believe it, I filled out to 6 ft. and 180-ish lbs by senior year. (A lot of other changes by then, too! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Note the patches on the jean jacket acquired from recent concerts. IIRC, there was AC/DC, Judas Priest, Ozzy, and Iron Maiden. And the obligatory cheesy mustache and hooded sweatshirt underneath the jacket. Rock on! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] (And enjoy a laugh at my expense. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Re: Dude! F**k You! (...A young me.)

very cool pic....
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Dude, We ALL had the hoodie under the jean jacket. That was IT back then. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

LoL, cool pic. I realize every pic I have taken in the last 2 years with my friends I'm always flippin the bird (with a pleasant smile of course)

Comment

Shit, 10-12 years later I was in high school and had the goatee with the hooded sweatshirt under the jacket. Alas, no patches for me.

Still, a cool pic. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude...I was 2-3 yrs old back then [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
            RIP Dime

Comment

I wasn't even BORN yet! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Born late '83 here. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I grew my first cheesy mustache when I was 17... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My mom thought I looked like a terrorist. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Dude, We ALL had the hoodie under the jean jacket. That was IT back then. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Hell, I'll still wear a hoodie under a jean jacket once in awhile. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My 13yr old wears hoodies under jean jackets! Who new how cool you really were. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And let's not forget the other combos: Denim vest over leather jacket or leather vest over denim jacket. Of course each ensemble had the required Harley, Ozzy, Maiden, etc. patches and pins of pot leaves and guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

There you guys were collecting patches to sew onto your jackets, and here I am today collecting STICKERS to stick onto my various guitar cases. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I was too busy having sex in high school to worry about collecting patches for my jacket. But I did have a sweet cd collection.

Comment

Working...
                        X