No announcement yet.

Most difficult song to play and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most difficult song to play and why?

I'm with you, Em.

Comment

You know Em, it doesn't sound stupid at all. Sometimes, it's just trying to emulate what you hear in your brain that is harder than any super shredder piece.

Comment

I think guys like Marty Friedman, Greg Howe and Steve Vai are the most troublsome when it comes to learning their stuff. Not only is it pretty high up there on the shred level, there's so much little nuance having to do with touch, their own vibrato and a host of other things that playing the notes simply does not come close.

Oh yeah, and to the question, I think Marty's entire Scenes album is pretty difficult.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Hope this doesn't sound too stupid, but, my own songs. It drives me nuts trying to play the music I hear in my head. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

La Campanella - F. liszt. I've tried and tried...I have it for piano and guitar. completely impossible

Comment

Genrerally speaking, a mark of a good/improved song writer is being able to play what you hear in your head. Granted, this can easily become a matter of interpretation. Meaning, musical perference comes into play. One player may hear some speed metal rhythms and another may hear something alittle more medolic, like Marty Friedman.

Apply this to an ensemble scenario, where the writing is being done creatively and spontenously, is where the real truth lies. Tell and ask the potential new band member were gonna fiddle around alittle while in and out of various keys, jump in and jam. You learn real quick who knows their instrument well enough to contribute to the song writing.

I've always followed those simple rules when trying various new potential members when I used to gig years ago. Start out breaking the ice with a couple of copy/cover tunes...and then...be spontenous. This where the truth lies.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Ethan and Deneb... awesome! Glad to know I'm not the only one. Mike.. I don't get your post. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Ehh, seems like half the stuff recorded by Jimmy Page. It's so sloppy, you could hardly ever exactly duplicate much of it. Yet, it's pretty amazingly nice and well done and listenable stuff.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm drunk. I just got back from King Diamond with Bill. It's still cool stuff though...

Comment

Tonight- Ozzy

I can never figure it out...............

I suck
                    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

some Marty Friedman stuff..because i also suck..

Comment

Hey John...they want a difficult riffs...

shit what about "Father Felon"...I made that up and I can't play it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Tumeni Notes by Steve Morse
                          Anything by Paco De Lucia
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

EM and guys who have trouble playing the stuff you hear in your head. You need to develop the perfect pitch.
                            Use these Steve Vai methods, it helps A LOT.
                            http://www.guitarworld.com/allaccess...ailesson1.html
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Adagio - The Inner Road.

why? the sweeps at the start.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                EM and guys who have trouble playing the stuff you hear in your head. You need to develop the perfect pitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the problem... but thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                                I'm a trained singer, I've had years of pitch practice!
                                I'm fine... I just think it can be more difficult to pull something brilliant from yourself at times.

Em

Comment

Working...
                                X