No announcement yet.

Most difficult song to play and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most difficult song to play and why?

OH man Liszt was such a virtuoso! He combines perfect technical mastery with insane feel and melodious storytelling! Incredible talented man, he was.

There's no way I'll ever pull off any of that hard Flamenco stuff à la Paco Di Lucia, Al Di Meola, John Mclaughlin,...
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Ah you need some cool/fresh ideas for songwriting?
      One thing helps a lot, listening to a lot of different music. Trust me.
      It doesn't really mater what music it is, jazz, pop, folk, oriental, electronic, classical, avant-garde etc. You may not like some music style, but you can't deny that some ideas are just brilliant. I don't really listen to rock and metal anymore, most of the time I listen to some very weird music or some shit on the MTV. The weird music gives you a lot of unique ideas, the MTV shit gives you an ideas how to make a good chord-progression that a lot of people like. Combaining those two elements you can make some awsome stuff.
      Anyway that's how I do most of the time. I've done some bretty cool prog-metal songs where some riffs are based on arabian and flamenco music and some chord progressions sounds like the beatles or even britney spears. But it doesn't sound like the music where these elements are taken from, beacuse is played with distorted guitars and stuff [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That was for EM

And yes GodOfRhythm, Liszt was a sick dude, nobody could play his stuff exactly like he did. He did some sick finger excercises so he could do some insane stretches. But he ended up destroying his hands. Or was it schumann?
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Hope this doesn't sound too stupid, but, my own songs. It drives me nuts trying to play the music I hear in my head. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't hear the music in my head, the voices are too loud. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Styles make the fight. Some guys can play one style and not another. I think the biggest challenge would be if Ratt or Poison were to try and cover the song, "Dude looks like a lady"......................

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              EM and guys who have trouble playing the stuff you hear in your head. You need to develop the perfect pitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the problem... but thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              I'm a trained singer, I've had years of pitch practice!
              I'm fine... I just think it can be more difficult to pull something brilliant from yourself at times.

Em

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% sometimes I am just flat out intimidated by other players and the stuff they have laid down and I self defeat before I get my stuff done.... Sometimes trying to pull stuff out of my head I try to hard and get writers block... I kinda am a perfectionist on anything I would put out it has to be perfect to me and that is why I ahve a bunch of inconplete songs on my hard drive [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It isn't a issue of knowing the fretboard or perfet pitch it is an issue of over thinking I think [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I appreciate the feedback... it is all AWESOME.
                I don't mean to hijack this thread... sorry.
                But my problem isn't a lack of inspiration. I have lyrics out the wahzoo, lyrics are easy. And the music is already there, I hear the arrangement in my head, it is so consuming that it drives me nuts sometimes. I know how it needs to go but I can't always pull it off quite how I hear it.
                My problem is that I'm a perfectionist and am never ever satisfied.

Em

Comment

Some of the more difficult things I've learned to play are Yngwie's Far Beyond the Sun and Vivaldi's Four seasons.

What I find frustrating, at least in terms of cover tunes, is the tabs are whacked out. Basically the notes are correct but I always have to re-tab them for my technique. I never have played a cover song the way it was tabbed out...not one. It can suck when its a 10 minute Dream Theater tune.

Em I hear you on the original stuff...I can create, write lyrics, come up with the riffs but my arrangement sucks. I always try to add too much or to make it too difficult. That has always been my weakness and that’s where I need a writing partner.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I don't cover other people's bs..why...its theirs!

what I like to do is come up with my own BS that nobody else could play....not even myself [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Racer X - Scarified
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

well...the funny part is...as you grow as a player...the more difficult your ideas will become...this is a natural occurence and why most of us will never truly "master" the guitar...there's plenty of stuff i can't play...and i'm also bad about writing stuff that i can't pull off consistently with torquestra...all you do is keep working on it...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

There is a song that Stevie Ray Vaughan did on an MTV show that is an instrumental. I believe he played it on an acoustic. Holy crap.
                          There are also a few Tony Macalpine songs that are virtually impossible.
                          Another player that I have a very difficult ripping off is Eric Johnson. That string skipping octave harmonic thing is just too much to handle.

Comment

that SRV song was Justified i think

Comment

Steve Morse - Tumeni Notes. Go ahead and try to play it like Steve. lol.
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                              X