More UPS fun! (UPS Strikes Again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More UPS fun! (UPS Strikes Again!)

Luckily, its not a musical instrument this time.

We had a monitor that needed to be sent back to the manufacturer to be repaired and returned. Our office account is with UPS. Since I'm the most experienced with packing at the office I sat down with a ton of peanuts / packing supplies / other junk and went to town on the monitor. I made sure that it was in the middle of the box, carefully balanced so that it wouldn't bounce around and had a ton of padding on all the sides. On top of that I filled every inch of the box with peanuts after all of the factory supplied foam was used. I also taped the thing with a lot of packing tape (a full roll to be exact). When it was dropped off, we had the guy at the drop point verify that the packing job met up with our specs and he stamped a couple "Fragile" stickers on it.

So my boss got an e-mail from NEC saying that the item was damaged beyond repair during shipping and they sent us images!

Where'd all the peanuts go? Why is the box so torn up / damaged on the corners / sides? Just looks a little bit weird too! Kinda bent wrong

Hrm.. Something doesn't look right here! I love how the plastic is bulging out at the top.

The money shot. It reveals that the monitor was some how treated so poorly that the bottom of the monitor (Metal chasis) was dented in through the factory supplied foam that isolated the monitor in place! The plastic cracking, too! We guessed that probably the monitor was thrown into the back of a UPS truck, didn't quite make it and fell probably right down on the hard pavement. That or the mob seized the monitor and made it an offer that it refused..

UPS's check for the full cost of the monitor is in the mail already. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: More UPS fun! (UPS Strikes Again!)

absolute stupidity. iha d a supplier ship me a package marked next day air!! saturday delivery!! got it on tuesday. needed it on sunday . called them they tell me its not their fault but my shipper will recieve a credit

Comment

See, it's entirely too bad you can't ship nitroglycerine or other volatile chemicals through UPS anymore, everything I sent out would have "DANGER! WILL EXPLODE IF DROPPED, AND HAS A 30 MILE BLAST RADIUS, DICKHEAD!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The Sampsonite Apes strike again!! At least they paid for it.

I'd say you have to work pretty hard to do that much damage. I'm not even sure that a fall off the back of a stationary truck would do that much damage to a monitor as well-packed as it was. That looks like more of a crushing incident to me.

Comment

Looks like pilferage with the missing peanutz, and then a pisspoor repack.
          Someone trying to score an early Christmas present but found out it was being sent back for repair, then dicked it up out of spite.

I wonder if they backed over it/into it with the truck?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X