• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heard A Good Slayer Song

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Respect? Heck no.

If sticking to the same formula for 20+ years is what you deem worthy of respect, then I'd say you have a wrong view of what selling out and going to shit means.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are obviously a Metallica fan. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I take serious resent to that remark!

Oh wait, you must be so abbrasive because you're a Slayer fan!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha! Perhaps [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I used to be a Metallica fan, and still enjoy listening to their early material. My copy of Ride the Lightning on vinyl is pretty much worn out. But at the same time, my vinyl copy of Reign in Blood is worn out just as much, if not more. I don't believe that Metallica could give a flying fuck about their fans anymore. First they alienated a large portion of their original fans by becoming very commercialized, and then they alienated everyone else by putting out St Anger. Honestly, why would someone actually want to listen to songs with horrible production quality? Say what you want about Slayer, but they have continued to produce music for their fans, without stagnating. Yes of course not every one of their songs is a jewel, but who's are?

Abrasive?

"Respect? Heck no.

If sticking to the same formula for 20+ years is what you deem worthy of respect, then I'd say you have a wrong view of what selling out and going to shit means."

Who's abrasive? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Well, 80% of that sentence are words that came out of your mouth, so do the math. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nah man, all is well!

I've listened to Saint Anger 3 times, I think. I listen to Sweet Amber and Some Kind Of Monster sometimes, but that's it!

I enjoy the loads A LOT, I think there's some real bad crap on there, but there are gems as well, and those tones and production they got there!

But I'm still a thrasher, and the famous 4 will always be my favorite albums of all time. I can enjoy Slayer a lot on some days, but in general they start to bore fairly quickly.

Does it all matter though? Let's chill the fuck out, crash out and have fun! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I enjoy the loads A LOT

[/ QUOTE ]
        [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I've heard that about you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] J/K
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Man, I've gotta learn not to give assists like that!
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah, it was a good setup, and I just couldn't resist. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              I enjoy the loads A LOT

[/ QUOTE ]
              [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I've heard that about you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] J/K

[/ QUOTE ]

And I about you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey, that's only on Thursdays! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X