Anyone know some Law?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know some Law?

My mom had a phone service that went out of business 4 years ago.

She paid the final payment back then, now she is getting calls that she owes 7.11 for this service that went out of business 4 years ago.

Never until now she gets these calls about it.

Its not a lot of money, but it's bullcrap that they call now, and never did before.

Any Ideas? I'm looking online right now just to see..

Re: Anyone know some Law?

Pay it your screwed. Same thing just happened to me for $105, I had a phone when I lived in wyoming over 5years ago and went to hook svc. up at my new place I just got and they said I had this bill from 5 yrs ago, I knew nothing till 2 weeks ago, and acorse I didn't save my bill from 5 yrs ago that said I paid
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

i'm not to sure...

This is a 3rd party debter, they get commision from collecting from this companies debts that they get.

They did interest on this, can they do that? it was 5.55 originally, and they did 1.56 interest.

Comment

Ask for a copy of the original invoice or bill. When they can't provide they'll have to give up. They need to prove that you didn't pay.

A few years ago I got a bill for a phone I had back in college 7 years earlier (which I knew I paid). I insisted they send me a copy of the original bill with the dates of service listed...I never heard from them again.

Comment

Ya, Mine was from the actual phone company, but for $7.11 i would just pay it, not worth the hassel
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Ya, Mine was from the actual phone company, but for $7.11 i would just pay it, not worth the hassel

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess, but money isn't the object, its the fact that they say we owe even though my mom paid, shes the most balanced person I know with money.

Comment

Yep, make them come up with the bill. A collection agency called me a few months ago over a Sprint bill that I paid 3+ years ago. I asked for the bill, haven't heard a word since. Plus, my current cell phone is with Sprint, seemed like they would mention the bill when I came back to them from T-Mobile.

Comment

Send them a certified Demand for Validation letter. That is, make them prove that she owes the debt.

Here's the best place to look:

CreditBoards.com
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

DO NOT contact these people. as soon as you do they can reissue the debt it is an illegal practice but most people don't no this.In most states there is a statute of limitation, you can find out what it is in your state by calling the attorney general.If the statute has run out they cannot collect or attempt to collect or you can report them to the attorney general. But no matter what DO NOT contact them in any way shape or form.

Comment

Working...
                  X