I met David Lee Roth today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I met David Lee Roth today...

It's the funniest damn thing, I'm at my friend's guitar store - shameless plug for him, www.guitarmannyc.com [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], and I was telling him how I missed the 80's. I was born in 83 and my parents were strict as hell (my friend's just bypassed me and went straight to my mom to ask if I can come out and play [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]), so I never heard or experienced anything mainstream until I was in High School really. That's when I got into metal. Anyway, we were talking about how I never saw Pantera, Guns n Roses or Van Halen. We were BSin, I was sayin how I would've loved to see VH back in the day, or even today, but they were not too great live these days cause of Eddie's drinking, and they're not even touring right now. We were still on Van Halen when who comes walkin into the store...DAVID LEE ROTH! I recognized his voice and his face, but doubted myself cause I didn't see him with his haircut lately. Matt wasen't positive it was him till he asked him his name and took his credit card, then he (Matt) just looked over at me to see if I recognized him, but I had the biggest damned smile on my face, so I guess he knew, lol. Came in, BSed a little with us while he bought 2 capos and left. When he walked out Matt and I just looked at each other dumbfounded, lol. Now how's that for irony! I tried talkin bout Guns n Roses again just to test fate, but Slash didn't walk in [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Ah well, great Saturday, more metal tomorrow night with Dark Tranquillity/Soilwork/Hypocrisy! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Irfaan -

Re: I met David Lee Roth today...

Congrats!! Always good to meet a legend ya know! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

So is he still an EMT or what?
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Lol, talked about Slash to tempt fate...
        Too funny!

That is a great story...Dave has earned his spot in rock history, probably couldn't have met anyone who summed-up the eighties better that DLR!

Comment

Awesome story!

Comment

Working...
          X