Ideas for boosting sales....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for boosting sales....

I figured this is a long shot, but what the hell....

I need some "original" ideas for boosting sales. I know its too late for April (our month with Chrysler ends Midnight Monday) and theres no way we will sell 8 new by then, but we can always use something new in case this happens again. Right now all we have is a radio ad that has "Joe the dog" barking and saying how we bite high prices and stuff like that, and at the end Joe "says", come on in and see Holland, Tom, and Ski, and bring me a snack!! Other than that we run an ad in the local paper which is pretty cheesy and doesnt change much, just a pic of Tom and Holland, and it says "come in and see Tom and Holland for a great deal", and the last is a billboard in the next town over, just a few feet from another Dodge/Chrysler dealer that says, yup...you guessed it....Come see Tom and Holland (sometimes I feel like Tom and Holland are for sale, not a bad idea!!) and it also says "Just a 10 minute drive for a much better deal". The newspaper ad varies at times....it always mentions Tom and Holland, but every now and then it says how we give away rebates for free and stupid stuff like that.

As you can see, this isnt working very well. If sales doesnt jump up again (right now we are sitting at 37 new, last month we ended with 51 new) I cant have a raise and then I cant buy a new car...LOL So if any of you can come up with something snappy..lemme know so I can throw it out to them...its gotta be really original though, these guys are stubborn!!!

Mrs LPC

Re: Ideas for boosting sales....

<font color="aqua">The guys from New York City area will appreciate this one:

For TV commercials, hire, "Crazy Eddie" his prices are "INSANE"! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

LOL the guys at work are too cheap for a TV commercial....I had suggested doing a commerical and since they HAVE to put Joe in everything...do a quick commerical, and at the end have Joe sitting in the viper with the top down, a scarf on and sunglasses...then put a huge ass shop fan in front of him so the "wind blows through his hair" kinda thing....shot down...quick!!!

Mrs LPC

Comment

<font color="aqua">lol! Forget Joe, you need a nice looking woman to be in the commercial as well as the Viper [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hell I even suggested getting a few of the tit bar girls to come out in bikinis and hold up signs for "free food"....I dont know why they think they must give away free food.....after I suggested that, the boss had me call freaking Little Caesers to see if we could borrow the "pizza pizza guy" to walk around and give away free pizza that we bought from Little Caesers....I dont know how that turned out, they were supposed to do that today....it aint gonna help...they need something original!!

Comment

Free Rides in the viper.

I've driven an RT10 and it's god like, Riding in one is almost as good, It'll get people in there
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

RT10??? You mean the SRT10 Ram??? I drove that a couple weeks ago and I wasnt impressed at all. Although it was just from the golf course on base back to the dealership...I had no way to get it over 50mph...maybe thats why I didnt like it....It was shakey and felt really unstable...maybe all that power underneath the hood is why....maybe you cant keep it under 70 to ride smooth....

They wouldnt take the viper out of the showroom, they cant afford to put any miles on it. I know we will never sell it outright, it will go to another dealer like the black one, and the dealer really hesitated on taking it since there was over 100 miles on it....Holland had to take it out the night we got it in...so the yellow one just sits there and collects dust...

If we advertised free rides in the viper, we would have a lot full of young kids, punks, and people that cant afford to buy a car as it is....

We have done the $1 car giveaway, that brought in alot of unfavorables that didnt have a job, no money, no nothing.....none that would actually spend 30K for a car, and the giveaway car was an 87 Nissan Sentra I think...something they brought up from the used lot LOL

Comment

Rt10 Viper- Removeable top
                Viper Gts- Hardtop

Try to get a panthers player in there Like Jake Delome

Comment

ohhhh one of the older vipers?? I know nothing about those....

They wanted to get someone famous in there, one of the sales guys mentioned a NASCAR driver...shot down....the boss wanted Reba McEntire....ummmm...NO!!!!

Comment

What about offering special rebates to Troops coming back, throw a party with food and stuff

Have a concert with a band like Ratt or Ruiet Riot, they're pretty cheap to book

Comment

"Local" commercials always suck. You wanna sell like a Pro, you gotta advertise like a Pro. Spend the money for a better-quality commercial than "the other guys".

Do's and Don'ts:

DON'T:
                      -Use some cheesy bluescreen of the G.M. acting like he's doing a 500 mile freefall without a chute with real parachuting footage behind him. One of our local dealers does that, and it works except for the fact they cut his legs off at the knees, and he's not wearing a chute [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      -Talking animals. Beans, beer, dog food; yes. Cars; no.
                      -COMBINED years of experience. If you have 5 salesmen who have been in sales for 10 years each, that does not equal 50 years of combined sales experience. You cannot combine years that overlap. Period. You look and sound stupid when you do that.
                      -Bullshit free food like $3 pizzas or $0.50 hot dogs. Joe Public doesn't see you as being generous, he sees you as being a skinflint bastard. Joe Public's stereotypical image of a car dealership is either someone rolling in dough and too cheap to part with it or Kurt Russel from 'Used Cars' selling repainted Taxis.
                      -White shoes and plaid clothing. Nothing says "you sure got a purty mouth" like a car salesman wearing white shoes and 70's style plaid slacks.
                      -Chicks in bikinis. Recent reports show that women are making the major purchases like cars and such, so Pamela in a painted on bikini will only get the guys looking for the chick, and kicking tires. Cater to women's wants in a vehicle and they'll buy. Don't treat them like idiots, and don't spew technical info just to watch it go over their heads. If they ask about this or that, tell them. Don't use terms like "little lady" or "darlin". Ma'am works good.

DO:
                      -Work for a customer's loyalty. You're there for the customer. The customer is there for the customer.
                      -Cut every deal you can. Joe Public (Joan) does not care if you can't afford to send your kid to an Ivy League school. Chances are they can't afford it either.
                      -Listen to the customer when they say they are looking to spend x amount. Don't show them something over that amount unless they ask, and point out that it's over the amount they mentioned. If you don't have something that fits in their budget, find something, or make something fit. A customer that can't pay for the car will not be paying on it for long, and you'll get it back and have to sell it again at a considerable loss, and then the factory lists you as a risky dealer. Then you lose the dealership.
                      -Get rid of every hard-to-sell item on the lot as quickly as possible. Mark it down as low as you can tolerate or trade it to another dealer in another area for something that will sell easily in your area. If you don't have the clientele for X but they're buying Y like hotcakes, trade with a dealer that can't keep X in stock but is drowning in Y (whatever models you're working with). Keep one on-hand as a showroom piece and say you can order it for a customer that is serious, but a herd of overpriced gas guzzlers sitting on a lot will sit there until Doomsday. The local dealers are loaded with dozens of vehicles that maybe only 20 people want, and they've already got theirs.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

How about a gas rebate. People are staying out of the dealerships due to raising gas prices. Chrysler seems hell bent on pushing the vehicles they make that have the huge gas guzzling engines. Why not promote the Neon.
                        Currently, I don't see too many people who would run down to the dealer to by a hemi equipt truck that demands premium at $2.50 per gallon and gets around 15mpg.

Comment

Neon SRT4' Promote them with the stage 2 package, that it has a factory warranty and WILL beat a Corvette

Comment

Drs.....we cant just add rebates or specials to anything....its all done by Chrysler and we havent had any military rebates this year....I think they ended for us in November...

As far as the concert...If I knew to to get ahold of anybody I would do that, but I dont know where to start. I had mentioned Tracy Byrd, he was at a local bar a few weekends ago, then I find out it cost 20K to get him. The only band that I know and have a slim posibility of getting would be Infectous Blues....ever hear of them?? Didnt think so, just local boys.....and nobody is gonna come out to see local boys

Newc has hit it right on the head....

We have NO TV commericals now at all, just 1 radio....we dont do the combined experience, we dont keep the same salespeople long enough to figure it all up LOL
                            We dont "sell" the free food, its really free, but its limited, and our sales people dress like they should...no plaid, no stripes (unless Melissa has on a striped shirt).

Holland will promise a customer the world in order to make a sale (at the expense of the dealership, we give away so many oil changes and tires its not even funny), we sell every vehicle at invoice plus rebates, They offered me the Sebring Convertible I want at invoice plus 7000 in rebates, plus holdback, and GAP at cost...cant beat that

Our big prob that newc has mentioned is the gas guzzlers that are overpriced...we have about oh, I would say 30 Ram 3500 duallys...why??? Its not winter, and even if it was, we have no need for those trucks here...they say we need them for people with boats...HELLO this is a Marine town....how many Lance Cpls do you know that can afford a boat plus a 45K truck to pull it???

Im still lost at what to do, Im afraid May is gonna be as bad as April and I know we wont hit VPA this month and that means alot of money gone.....

Comment

Working in the Boat Business, We're REALLY slow for new boat sales right now, and it's screwing with my bonus's. But we are doing awsomw with service work right now, people wanting to get everything out of their boats

Artists Worldwide- they do warrant, La Guns and others. Kristy Majors owns this company, way less than the 20K Tacy Byrd commands

Comment

Working...
                              X