Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 13 Yr old Jams on a Jackson HRF

[ QUOTE ]
    Can't see it cuz Spybot keeps blocking the spyware download, and the page won't load unless you accept their spyware.

Anyway, is this the same kid from School of Rock that was reportedly 9 last year, but is really like 16?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I think that's the one! It said in the text under the vid that it's the guy that reportedly 8, but really 13... anyway, I've seen that clip before! And as said... compared to that other 13 yo fella (Nick, is it?) he just plain sucks!
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

i have seen this fucking video nasty a few months ago!!so as soon as i saw the start of this i stopped it [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Age has no reflection on ones musical skills,it is how many HOURS you have put in.If your dedicated and are prepared to put the hours in you will get good no matter the age

This playing made me cringe-the kid will be good if he racks up the hours,but at the moment he needs a stronger foundation.Just at the moment the new lads seem to skip musical phrasing and dynamic playing with fast sloppy scales and it realy shows them for the novice players that they are.

Comment

That nick sterling is rather goodAll he needs now is to get other musicians in the same age group to make a kick ares band.At the moment it looks like his dads/familys friends are using him-needs to start afresh
        Alex hiunter-yeahh he isnt too bead too!!very bluesy boxy playing with cool phrasing and dynamics-reminds me of that young english kid who worked with Dio and had a bright yellow jackson [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Rowan Robertson. He was 19 when he did Lock Up The Wolves....
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

yeahh thats the geezer-i have an old guitar mag from over here telling them how he got the gig and what riffs he bought to the band.Just played over the top of some original dio tunes using a tape recorder to record it.Then he added some of his stuff that was bluesy/modern sounding.
            Phill holbourne(sp) taught him so i expect he had only been playing for a few years before this gig came along-amazingly lucky chap

Comment

I tell my students, its not the quantity of notes, its the quality. That kid played 5000 notes. 4500 of the at least were wrong. I call what he was doing "pick flicking".
              That is when you pick as fast as you can and just grab any note that comes by. The great guitarists can do that and turn an occasional bad note into a correct note and turn the the solo into an entire new direction doing it.
              Somebody should tell him that when you are a soloist, people remember the bad notes. Not the good ones and he played a ton of bad notes. Speed kills. Especially the audience if you are sloppy.

Comment

If you know E A D and play a pentatonic, 90% of the audience will never notice shit....
                While i agree with your note theory for the most part i can't totally commit to that. BB king can play 3 notes and bring tears to my eyes, but Gilbert & Lynch playing 5000 does too.
                Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

there are not realy any bad notes in music but our western loving ears find some unstable to rest on.When in full flow and playing 16th notes onwards you can play the cromatic scale as those (OUT)notes add tension and colour but stand out like a sore thumb if you rest on an unstable note over a strong 7th chord.I tend to teach my students to see the chord tones as they solo so they can understand the relationship of diferent scales aginst the strong pull of any given chord.I agree with Jgcable about speed kills sometimes-but thats only because so many students want to run before they can walk

Comment

That kid will never improve if he doesn't slow his ass down and fix what's broken; like his left/right hand coordination, and his aim.

The last thing he needs is his bandmates "bowing" to him; if he thinks he's a God, he'll have no motivation to unlearn his bad habits and develop good ones.

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

at least he's playing a guitar and not scratching some record on a turntable [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] besides any kid trying to learn to play old school rock can't be a bad thing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        If you know E A D and play a pentatonic, 90% of the audience will never notice shit....
                        While i agree with your note theory for the most part i can't totally commit to that. BB king can play 3 notes and bring tears to my eyes, but Gilbert & Lynch playing 5000 does too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but most of us here are not the audience. We are guitar players. I hear all the bad stuff.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          That kid will never improve if he doesn't slow his ass down and fix what's broken; like his left/right hand coordination, and his aim.

The last thing he needs is his bandmates "bowing" to him; if he thinks he's a God, he'll have no motivation to unlearn his bad habits and develop good ones.

- E.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] All of his energy was spent performing instead of playing. He doesn't look 13 in that video. If he was, he's a runt. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I saw that before! Makes me cringe everytime!

How does anyone even dare to get up on a stage in front of people and play like that!?!!!!!! HORRIBLE.

10 for originality though! I'd never have thought of STRUMMING to play those kind of licks! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                            X