I broke my friggen' finger!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke my friggen' finger!!!!

After waiting for months for the local MX tracks to open, I finally got a chance to go riding. Well, on my last lap of the day, my front end washed out in a turn and I went down. My ring finger got smashed between the clutch and the handle bar when I hit the ground (I HAD to try and save it and ended up going down with the bike). I've got a clean brake between the tip of my finger and the first knuckle on my fretting hand... no guitar for six weeks. I'm so bummed. My band was gonna start recording and also work on new tunes. Fortunately our next gig isn't until mid June. This sucks!!!

Re: I broke my friggen\' finger!!!!

get on the fingerpickin or bass! use this as an oppertunity to learn something you havent yet, even though it will still suck, you will come out with something good to show for it.

chris

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Back when I had a bike, it seemed like ever time I had a wreck it was just before I stopped riding for the day! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Hopefully you'll be back to playing soon, just take your time with your finger and don't over do it. Six weeks seems like a long time, but if you rush it, who knows how long it may take to heal!

Chris
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

time to learn slide guitar!

Comment

Are you able to fret with the iother fingers... I had my index finger out for a while (ring is worse it is in the middle) but I used the other digi's to play and my pinky got strong and also as was mentioned try Slide guitar
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Sucks about the finger but How's the KX?

Luckiley I've only had 1 bad wreck in almost 20 years of riding and racing
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

The bike is fine of course, though my clutch lever felt like it was bent slightly. The crash wasn't really that bad, it's just that my finger got trapped in a bad spot. The thing that pisses me off is that back in January I had a similar crash at an indoor track, and was going to buy handguards... I didn't because I thought they look lame. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] If I would've had them, I would've been fine.

Selling the bike has crossed my mind, but I just can't do it... I love that thing.

Comment

I don't like Hand Gaurds either, they just get in my way. you can't sell the bike, It'll be Perfect Riding conditions when your finger heals
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

damn...that sucks Steve and can really put a damper on you guitar playing.

looks like a good opportunity for a break and to work on you rhythm playing once the pain eases [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Steve hope it heals fast-i know how you feel i have 7 days left before i can touch my guitars.

Comment

I know what this is like...
                      I broke the 4th and 5th metacarpal last april/may...and compressed 4 knuckles.

I'll never box a convrete wall again.

Comment

I Hope time flies and it heals properly for ya

Comment

man my frind just fucked up his finger bad at work yesterday and has been playing slide with the metal splint they gave him all day! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X