Not sure where to put this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure where to put this...

Since it doesn't really seem to fall under any of the categories, but does anyone know if Guitar Center takes returns on pickups (even if installed once in a guitar)? What I've read online does not mention pickups in their return policy, so I'd assume yes, but would be curious to try it. Has anyone tried before?

Re: Not sure where to put this...

Hmmm, have you tried calling your local store and asking? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

When I worked there, we got all kinds of stuff in returns so I would guess yes.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Asked at the desk, they said they didn't unless it was unused. Oh well!

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can trade those pick-ups for any others you'd want instead, so not all is lost.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I think that both Dimarzio and S.D. offer 21 and 30 day "real-world" trials of their products...
          If you rently bought the pups, I would contact them...(I just did this with Duncan and they were awesome about it...

Dan

Comment

It is a simple procedure. Call the manufacturer. Explain to them why you don't like the pickup and the entire situation regarding the store. They will tell you what to do regarding returning or exchanging it.

Comment

What's the big deal? Just snip the leads past where you soldered and then strip the ends and....tada! Unused pickup!
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I've used the 21 day policy with SD before, and they are great about it. I didn't know if GC would actually take pickups back that were installed (and it was in their 30 day return policy, and they won't take them back). Of course, I got a regular spaced Distortion, so I gotta bring it back anyways for a Floyd!

Comment

Working...
                X