another car audio question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another car audio question

I'm going to be replacing the audio system in my car in the next 3-4 months and I have some questions. First off, I have a 2005 hyundai elantra gt hatchback and everything is going to be replaced. I know I want an amp for the 4 speakers and an amp for a new sub along with a new reciever. I am wondering:
    1) what brands are good?
    2) what is it ok to combine brands. (For example someone reccommended Blaupunkt in the front and Kenwoods in the back powered by an Alpine amp.)
    3) does more expensive equal better?

Thanks,

GMS
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: another car audio question

I've got 2 amps that will fit nicely there... I'll shoot you some details tomorrow, if you're interested.

Trade is good...

I've got at least one 4 channel amp and I believe a Sub Amp and a box with 2 12's, Alpine R types?

I'll let you know...

Pat

Comment

I'd have to go with "yes" on ok with mixing brands. In my Silverado I use the factory CD deck, sony 6 1/2's & factory tweets in the front door, factory rear door speakers and Radio Shack brand (Optimus IIRC...) 10" subs in separate boxes and Optimus amp.

This is stuff left over from 6-10 years ago when I was younger and tinkering with car stereos on a highschoolers budget.

Sounds straight out of the trailer park, doesn't it ? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was doing this as a temp fix last spring and it ended up sounding so good that I have just left it alone since then to save some money I don't have anyways [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So, yeah, good sound is possible when mixing even the cheap shit !

Comment

strangle... thanks guy, but at this point there is no way I can really buy anything. I am still trying to find a new job. Once things get rolling and I am settled in, I will be replacing the factory system.

Here is the setup I am thinking about:

Blaupunkt PCx625's in the front
        Boston Acoustics S65 in the back
        Kenwood KAC 8402 amp
        Kenwood KDC 3028 reciever..
        I have not looked at subs yet, but I am going to get one 10 inch sub with a mono amp for it eventually.
        Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
        The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
        X