2006 Charger SRT8........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2006 Charger SRT8........

Butt ugly!...2 doors and a pistol grip please! Is Ford the only company with enough sense to go old school with the Mustang. The 2006 Shelby Cobra would be my pick over this wanna be street rod.

Comment

Reliability? Well, I'm on my 3rd Dodge Dakota, and they have all been the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned, with the possible exception of my Mazda MX-6. My wife's Pontiac minivan is a total piece of shit. Mechanically it is okay, but the thing is falling apart around us. Rear window wiper/washer, seat back adjuster, windshield, CD player, air conditioning, ABS brakes, airbags, all fucked up, and certainly not due to lack of maintenance. I had a Chevy Cavalier some years ago. It went to the junk yard with about 60k miles on it.

I never had anything go wrong with my Mustang, but I only drove it on sunny weekends, and probably put 2,000 miles on it a year at most. Plus I was always messing with it anyway.

I am so anti-GM now, it isn't even funny. I have been suckered into buying their crappy vehicles for the last time.

I like that new Charger, but you guys are right it's not a Charger. They should have called it a Fury, because that was traditionally what most of the police cars were anyway, and it came in 2 door, 4 door, or wagon. I had a metallic brown 1976 Fury wagon for a short time. It was HUGE, and was nearly indestructible. We called it the hate tank. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

There is nothing wrong with 4 doors. My only complaint with Dodge products, and American/Japanesse cars in general is they are built with cheap sub-contract components, and they really lack the stability when going at high speeds..........Oh, and they dont turn well either.......

Comment

425 horsies but that looks like a heavy 4 dr sled...

what I'm picking up Tues would slaughter that thing.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ive seen/drove the new Charger RT and Im not all that impressed with it, granted I only drove it from service to the front line soooooo, I cant really comment on it that much. I prefer my new car anyway...I dont think I would shell out what the invoice is for an RT Charger right now...we wont sell too many of those either, just like the Magnum and 300C's....300 Tourings we sell, but nobody wants to pay for the Hemi...

Mrs LPC

Comment

Hey hey. The stupid thing is this Charger shares no lines with any previous Charger. As a Charger owner this pisses me off. Also the top dogs at D/M say that there is no market for a 2 door sports car...Really? All the new Mustangs must be a mirage then huh? Also the new GTO's? Damn I hate Ford, but they did do they new Mustang right. It pains me to say that, but it is true.
              LATER!!!
              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

The Chargers are gonna go in spurts just like the "C" cars....when the 300C's first came out in May of last year, we couldnt keep them on the lot they were in such high demand (why, I still dont know). Then people finally got over themselves and saw they could have the same exact car with the same options, just minus the Hemi and said...oooohhhh, I can have a car just like the Jones' across the street, but they paid alot more for theirs since I opted for a V6 instead of the Hemi, and I still have all the same options....

Now we have about 10 "C" cars on our lot and we cant give the suckers away...and we cant keep enough "T" cars to satisfy everybody...dealer trading is about to kill me this month....we are expecting on in from Alabama tomorrow (what joy LOL)

Mrs LPC

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  There is nothing wrong with 4 doors. My only complaint with Dodge products, and American/Japanesse cars in general is they are built with cheap sub-contract components, and they really lack the stability when going at high speeds..........Oh, and they dont turn well either.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you just don't get it. Us former and present "real" Charger owners have been waiting patiently for Dodge to do a newer Charger right, and they keep shooting blanks. A 4 door Charger will never do.

Ford hit the nail on the head with the new Mustang. It has just enough nostalgia added with modern engineering to satisfy the people who were waiting for something resembling the car they always loved.

Would you buy a 4 door Mustang? GTO? Challenger? Road Runner? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I didn't think so. But what the fuck? Are we supposed to flock to the dealership because the powers that be at Chrysler have stuck the Charger nameplate on yet another abortion? [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Sorry bro.........not for my money.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I just spent over 30K CASH today on my bad moFO...and it aint' no butt ugly gloried 4dr family truckster! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                      They should have welded the doors shut, painted it orange and used it for the new Dukes of Hazzard movie. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

yep .. then maybe it would sell for $10M in the future...

Comment

2 year Thresurrection!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

And the car still sucks.... Hahaha...

Comment

They have a used one at the local Dodge dealer. It's gun metal grey, with black racing stripes and black wheels. I must admit, I think it looks awesome. I drool at it everytime I drive past.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hey hey. Wow, I said some harsh things about the new Chargers-I must have changed my mind because I bought one...........HAHAHHAA. They are great cars though. They should have called it a Coronet-not a Charger.
                              LATER!!!
                              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

forget the Charger... i'd rather wait for the new Dodge Challenger to come out

much more "60's/70's muscle car " looking

Discover the 2023 Dodge Challenger. Explore horsepower, five-passenger seating, available packages, home delivery options & more on this muscle car today.

Comment

Working...
                                X