Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUPPOSEBLY...

[ QUOTE ]
    How about when people who are being interviewed on radio or TV answer a question, and the very first words out of their mouth is "I mean, you know what I'm saying....." It's how they begin the sentence. No I don't know what you are saying, and I don't know what you mean because you haven't even SAID ANYTHING YET!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, like...you know like, I dunno..it's just like, yeah well, like you know what I mean it's just like yeah...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Dude, like...you know like, I dunno..it's just like, yeah well, like you know what I mean it's just like yeah...

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!!!! Perfect.

Comment

One of my coworkers has a couple he says all the time:

"The point is mute". No, that would me "moot".

"It will happen this physical year". Make that "fiscal".

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          People really need to control their usage of the word "like". [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like, y'know, whaddya have against that? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I hate it when people say Cent for more than a penny
            Example: That will be Fi' dollar and fitty cent.

Dammit, it's plural use the fucking S.
            The whole Fi and Fitty irk me too!!!
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

You should see some of the winners used down here in New Orleans. Here are some stellar examples:

"Earl" = Oil, i.e. I gots to change my Earl
              "By" is used in a sentence as you would use "to", i.e., I went by my Momma's house.
              "Made" is used to describe achieving an age, i.e., I made 30 this week!
              "Where ya at", enough said...we call these people "Yats".
              "For" replaces "with" in describing pregnancy. "I was pregnant for Judi", as opposed to "I was pregnant with Judi at the time".
              "Fin" is used as quicker way of saying, "fixing", which in reality means, "preparing". Examples, "I'm fin to go there", or "I'm fin to make me a sandwitch". Of course, "fix" itself is bad enough. "Fix me a sandwitch".

Plus, all the wonderful cajunisms that have seeped from the Bayous into New Orleans speech. If none of you have heard a proper New Orleans accent, it is not a honey dripping southern accent like they show in the movies, it is much like a Brooklyn accent in reality.

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Ok, here's a couple. Warsh, zink, Dezember, yuge instead of huge, as well as yumor, and yuman, there's a fuckin h in there.
                fitty, fittin also known as fin, my baby daddy and the absolute worst is "aks" or "ax", let me aks you sumpin... Oooh, I really hate that!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  You should see some of the winners used down here in New Orleans. Here are some stellar examples:

"Earl" = Oil, i.e. I gots to change my Earl
                  "By" is used in a sentence as you would use "to", i.e., I went by my Momma's house.
                  "Made" is used to describe achieving an age, i.e., I made 30 this week!
                  "Where ya at", enough said...we call these people "Yats".
                  "For" replaces "with" in describing pregnancy. "I was pregnant for Judi", as opposed to "I was pregnant with Judi at the time".
                  "Fin" is used as quicker way of saying, "fixing", which in reality means, "preparing". Examples, "I'm fin to go there", or "I'm fin to make me a sandwitch". Of course, "fix" itself is bad enough. "Fix me a sandwitch".

Plus, all the wonderful cajunisms that have seeped from the Bayous into New Orleans speech. If none of you have heard a proper New Orleans accent, it is not a honey dripping southern accent like they show in the movies, it is much like a Brooklyn accent in reality.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Lived there for 2 years. The ones that got to me were when someone had relatives coming over they'd say "My Mommanem is coming over." Meaning Mom and Them and instead of "for real" they say "for true".
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    These Mirror. So many people say MEEYER, and it annoys the heck outta me. There are 2 Rs in that word.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Actually, there are 3 Rs in that word. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I notice that quite a bit of the hositility here is over, not so much incorrect grammatical usage, as dialectal inflections. Often relating to geographic regions.

Or the problems people seem to have with "joke talk." Like "sammich" or whatever. The people who use these kinds of words probably know they're wrong. But the words sound funny, so they say them because they're fun to say. Other examples that I use all the time:

-"Stragety" instead of Strategy
                    -"Pasketti" instead of Spaghetti
                    -"Diaphragm" instead of Diagram
                    -"Loco-cation" instead of Location
                    -"Nanner" instead of Banana
                    -"Beh-beh" instead of Baby
                    -and so on...
                    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      ....."For Sell"

[/ QUOTE ]

I see this one all the time,I just don't get it,f*cking c'mon ...for sell??WTF??"For sale" ya dumbass!!LOL!!

Comment

oh yeah, and "let's send in the calvary"! It's cavalry!!!

Comment

Speaking of "c'mon", I've seen people use "common" here on the forum instead. "Common, guys! Somebody buy my sweet Epi before I have to put it on the 'bay!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Last week I was at Walmart (another thread entirely). There was this girl and her "moms" in back of me at the register. The girl was wearing pajamas and fuzzy slippers. Her cell phone rings. This was the conversation:

Hello?
                            Where yo at?
                            Huh?
                            Where you at?
                            Huh?
                            Yeah.
                            Where you at?
                            I'm wif my moms
                            Yeah.
                            My moms
                            Yeah.
                            I'm supposed to be home.
                            We out shopping.
                            Huh?
                            Yeah.
                            I set where you at?
                            Fo reals?
                            Yeah?
                            Huh?
                            Come ova.
                            Hang out wit me an my moms.
                            Huh?
                            Yeah?
                            Where you at?

And so on...

What a waste of a phone bill.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Hang out wit me an my moms.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Maybe the chick's mom was a lesbo and she wanted her friend to come hang out with both of her "moms". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I'll shoot you wit my gat, foo! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i hate it when people like me have the word fukkin' in every one of their posts when the word is really spelled -fuckin.
                                see what i mean?
                                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X