Step-Daughter's Cell Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Step-Daughter\'s Cell Phone

As Kevin stated, your kids are not your friends. They are your kids.
    They NEED authority figures, and they NEED to learn to accept you as the authority, the "know-it-all", and The Boss. She forfeited her privacy when she blew off your trust and ignored your authority by sneaking out.

While a cel phone is a handy accessory, there should be strict usage limits. Go over the minutes one month, you lose it for one month. Treat it like money - once it's gone, it's gone until next payday. If you are overdrawn (cash or minutes), you can't use it for 30 days (next payday) unless in emergencies (and define emergencies as injury and the like, not "oh my god this really cute guy is sitting across the cafe from me and I don't know what to say to him" or "is it ok to wear this top with these jeans?" and such as that)

You can let her have her way and put up with whatever trouble she brings with her and HOPE she turns out to be a responsible adult, or you can teach her to be a responsible adult today. If she wants to be treated like an adult, she has to act like a RESPONSIBLE adult, not just "adult" in terms of "being the legal age of consent to do whatever they wish without asking permission".

"Adult" means Grown Up, Mature (MENTALLY, not just lactating tits and ovulation), and Responsible; not 18+ years of age.

It's often been misreported that girls mature faster than boys. The whole truth to this is that females mature *physically* in terms of body devlopment (i.e. breasts produce milk) and the ability to bear children by the ages of 10-12 years, whereas most males cannot produce strong enough sperm to properly fertilize an egg until they are 15+ years, though they can produce defective sperm earlier that results in defective or stillborn children if it hits a weak enough egg.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Jack , my bro..

well this is coming from me dude...I don't have to explain to "you"..how "I" take care of biz and why...

but whether right or wrong...how "I" take care of biz gets the results "I" want...thus far.. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

the problem doesn't seem to be between you and your 14 year old step daughter.

No , the problem here is between you and momma!

Conflict of interest my friend...and your step daughter probably tries to play you both like a well oiled violin..and pits you against each other at times....yes i know these things.

Dude , ...your a good dude...talk to "momma"...get her on the same page ....if not , you are in a NO WIN!

Consistency is required by both guardians ..working together to enforce the rules...and when the rules are broken then the proper "punishment" MUST ensue!

take away privledges , limiting phone calls...would be devastation to a 14 year old..but if that is warrated and agreed to be enforeced by BOTH of you ...then you may do so..

until she can establish some amount of "trust"..otherwise...you'll will ALAYS be in conflict with her...and this shit is just starting...waite.....it didn't get good yet!

fuck it , she doesn't have to know shit...keep tabs on her...check her messages just to make sure that there isn't some older dude named "Jamal"...sweet talkin' your baby..

just as she must earned your "trust" ...I think you at least earned some "respect" ..just for the fact that you are there and care....as a parent.

DR. PHIL...?????!!!

yeah , I fucked him.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        "Adult" means Grown Up, Mature (MENTALLY, not just lactating tits and ovulation), and Responsible; not 18+ years of age.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap. I'm almost 40 and still not an "Adult" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

A cell phone is not a need .. it is a luxury ..whether it be for the kids or the parents to stay in touch with the kids ..

When we were kids we were either in ear shot or our parents KNEW where we were to get us if they needed us ..they always knew we were safe .. there is no value in a 14 year old having a cellphone and to be honest kids now view it as being owed to them and not a privledge ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

These kids now "text" message all these secrets codes...so that parents don't have a clue what is being said...

Verizon has a book that has all these codes in there..

like "911P"...which means not right now..parents are in the room or close by....in earshot.

I think its free..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

It's often been misreported that girls mature faster than boys. The whole truth to this is that females mature *physically* in terms of body devlopment (i.e. breasts produce milk) and the ability to bear children by the ages of 10-12 years, whereas most males cannot produce strong enough sperm to properly fertilize an egg until they are 15+ years, though they can produce defective sperm earlier that results in defective or stillborn children if it hits a weak enough egg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eventhough I agree to a certain extent to what you're saying, and I disagree with the other half, I feel obligated to share some facts here.

The latest study of cerebral development shows that girls, by the age of around 18, already are 4.5 (read it and weep guys) years ahead of boys, in terms of mental and cerebral capacity. It is as such, safe to assume girls mature faster than guys (in all meanings of the word), but that may not be such a good thing. It's most likely the source of great frustration and will to elope in girls.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
              X