NO ONE will guess this sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO ONE will guess this sound!

I'll bet you $100 you won't know what this sound is.

http://www.q-music.be/media/audio/He.../geluid005.asx

(I don't either, btw, it's a contest I can sure use some help! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

I was not kidding about the $100, btw.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Re: NO ONE will guess this sound!

sounds like me beating the bishop.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sounds like "cunning linguists" by a campfire. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Eggs hatching. Or, someone openeing and eating a Butterfinger candy bar.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Yup, Tekky, that's what I thought initially as well. But it turned out it was wrong.

Eggs hatching is a new one, though, interesting!

Comment

It's dice being rolled between two hands and dropped onto a game board (backgammon/bacarat?)

Listen to just the sound without the intro thingy, and amplified about 3x:
            http://autumn-frost.com/mp3/GOR_contest_sound.mp3

I prefer PayPal [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think Newc is right. Pay up! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I dunno guys, it definitly sounds like something plasticy that's being opened and peeled off(!) something (like that tight plastic around cd's) and then the object is dropped or something.

I can't hear any dice, not yet at least.

BTW If I win with any of these sounds, you WILL get $100.

Comment

I still stand by my "cunning linguists" by an open campfire theory. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The banging sound at the end is wood being laid... firewood, ya sick bastids. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

They're not shaking the dice in a cupped hand, like you'd normally find, they've got both hands together in "praying position" and are swirling them together.
                    Dice rolling in the hand and heard (recorded) at a certain angle, as well as being passed through a compressor (and whatever else they've done to it) for the ASX format, will sound like plastic. If the person rolling the dice was wearing a ring, then that also affects the sound, and adds to the plasticy effect. Typically, 4-sided dice clack a lot louder than that, hence the notion that they've compressed it a bit to hide it, but if the dice are multi-sided like D&D dice, you get a much smoother, plastic-wrapper-type sound as well.

You can definitely hear someone breathing, and what sounds like clothes (pant legs, coat sleeve, etc) - as if the person recording it, or the one making the sound, was moving around. It's also the sound of someone with very dry hands.

The audio sounds like it was reversed intentionally from 0-0:02:118. From 0:02:118 to the end, it sounds like dice being rolled and dropped.

Here's 0:0-2:118 normally:
                    http://autumn-frost.com/mp3/snippet1.mp3

Here it is inverted:
                    http://autumn-frost.com/mp3/snippet1-invert.mp3

Here's 2:118 to the end:
                    http://autumn-frost.com/mp3/ending.mp3
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well you've definitly driven we very close to believing! Goddamn, you sure know how to do some research! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I still hear something of a 'peel sound' at the end of 'snippet 1'.

But I'll definitly give this theory a go in the contest. I gotta txt message ever hour, and you've gotta be the 100th message of that hour to be selected and to even have a possibility to say what you think the sound is. But goddamn the prize is worth it!

Rock on! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow man, you are thinking WAY too deeply into this. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The sound of someone with very dry hands? Multi-sided dice? Praying position dice shaking rather than single handed cupping dice shaking? Wearing a freakin' ring? REVERSING THE AUDIO? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Not only does the mad Dr Newcenstein take apart guitars and puts them back together in monsterish ways, he will also do the same to any audio you have up anywhere. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I just listened over and over again to those seperate clips! And I'm friggin' 100% sure now it's dice!

Goddamn man I'm feeling fucking excited now, I'm gonna text message my ASS OFF TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

So what's the prize? You're offering $100 of it to a JCFer so there's got to be a HUGE other amount. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Let's say I could buy a couple of extremely embellished custom shops. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X