Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Shred Site and Shred Forum

lol GoR.

I think the kid has been playing for over 4 years. He has some nice chops but in all honesty anyone living with mom and dad and having no responsibilities and is willing to put in the practice time can get their speed going like that.

a younger kid who really can play musically is http://www.nicksterling.com
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah Nick Sterling is awesome. He's got a bit to go technique-wise (eventhough he's already way passed me), but he'll be a musical and tehcnical monsterplayer in a couple of years.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Banning him was a douche move.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry you feel that way; he was banned before, came back and spammed the board for his site and board. that's not something we take kindly.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sorry, guys. Perhaps GOR was the only one who got it. I guess it's hard to express how sarcastic I was being while typing without coming right out and making it blatant. I was laughing my ass of the whole time. I thought this quote would make it clear, "I mean, the lessons on his site alone are worth the price of a magazine off the rack."

He's a tool.

Perhaps so am I.

Comment

heh...oops. perhaps i was the only one who didn't get that! my apologies! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

LOL @ Travis! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, he has speed...that is for sure. I couldn't play that fast after 4 years of serious woodshedding. I have played on and off for 17 years and I can't play that fast, and I know I never will be able. However, it sounded like someone was slowly inserting an icepick into my ear. It was just not musical in any way, shape or form...

However, maybe he will develop.

That Nick Sterling is damn impressive, especially for a 14 year old kid. Sometimes the stars are just aligned correctly I guess. He gets a guitar at 7, is gifted, and by 14 is beyond what 98% of those who play will achieve. Too bad he looks like a monkey wearing a blonde wig, but that may change as he gets older.

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Yeah, I'm so cynical myself, I pretty much have a built in sarcasm-detector. It's hard online sometimes, though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I should have used smilies. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      i never tried spam in my life...is it any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take some salty ham and add more salt to it.

[ QUOTE ]
                      His "noise surpressor" pedal doesn't seem to work. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

.j.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, then we wouldn't hear anything. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        i should have just taken sully's word for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

words to live by, my man. just ask donnie (darko) drsracing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Defentley Words to live by
                        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

You know what?

They should lock this kid up and blast Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, or any Gilmour song, really.

I'm in another haze of Gilmour, atm! That man is the best guitarplayer ever, and guess what Jared! He doesn't need 7 billion notes a second. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            You know what?

They should lock this kid up and blast Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, or any Gilmour song, really.

I'm in another haze of Gilmour, atm! That man is the best guitarplayer ever, and guess what Jared! He doesn't need 7 billion notes a second. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO! I have been saying this over and over in my short time here at JCF. Gilmour is a god to me, he can do it all with just a few well placed notes. And he has TONE, which is something I find lacking in alot of these all out shred type tunes. Like I said in another post, I think the solo from "Time" is the benchmark for an emotional and well crafted guitar solo. While easy to play, it can be very difficult to capture that Gilmour feel. When I saw Floyd in '88, twice mind you, I was just floored to the boards. I had been a fan since I was 7, and Dave was just amazing. His tone literally sent chills through me. Amazing.

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Gilmour is incredible, but I like his playing from the 70's the best. The solo from Echos Part I blows me away.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]
                                You know what?

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO! I have been saying this over and over in my short time here at JCF. Gilmour is a god to me, he can do it all with just a few well placed notes. And he has TONE, which is something I find lacking in alot of these all out shred type tunes. Like I said in another post, I think the solo from "Time" is the benchmark for an emotional and well crafted guitar solo. While easy to play, it can be very difficult to capture that Gilmour feel. When I saw Floyd in '88, twice mind you, I was just floored to the boards. I had been a fan since I was 7, and Dave was just amazing. His tone literally sent chills through me. Amazing.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the best avatar ever [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

Comment

Working...
                                X