HELP!! Need addresses of Labels/ A&R Guys/ Anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Need addresses of Labels/ A&R Guys/ Anyone

Title more or less says it all... We´re lloking into possible distribution channels, and we need all the help we can get...

A Label isn´t something we´re afraid of, having a label with established distribution channels, "hype guys" and such would take a huge load off our backs...

We just need to hava as many contact points as possible for our first try in a few weeks.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Please post ANYTHING of knowledge that might help us, ANYTHING

Thanks for your support [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: HELP!! Need addresses of Labels/ A&R Guys/ Any

http://www.twilight-vertrieb.de/

Off the top of my head one of the most popular distributors here, nowadays. Just in case you end up with an album but no deal, which is happening all the time to other bands as well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    I guess I don't have to tell you about the major labels... I'd have to ask our singer about the smaller ones, though. I'll check back with you if he can come up with a list or something.

Comment

this post is of no help to you, zerb, but i checked your band site out, and i really liked the clip i heard!

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

OK, here are some of what I can think of.
        [email protected]
        [email protected]
        [email protected]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          this post is of no help to you, zerb, but i checked your band site out, and i really liked the clip i heard!

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Sully (BTW, there are 4 clips [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Comment

Here is some info for you. Major labels do not accept unsolicited material. What that means is unless you have representation they just pitch your material in the trash.
            Representation can include:
            A music attorney with connections
            A producer with connections
            A manager/promoter with connections
            I would suggest that you join Taxi. They are recognized and you material will at least go in a pile that might get listened to.
            Sending material (promo packs, CD,s bios, pics etc..) yourself without established representation is a 100% waste of time and money.
            Even sending them a link to your website is a waste of time. Those emails never even make it to the A & R person.
            Another way to get noticed is to hire a music attorney, have them send your info out along with a date where you will be showcasing your band. You can rent a studio or a hall. Sometimes, the label will set up a showcase for you.
            Some local or national talent agencies might be able to help you too. Make sure all your material is copywrited!! If it isn't, at least put your recorded material (music and lyrics, have a notary stamp it if possible, in a large envelope and send it US Registered Mail to yourself. When the package you sent arrives back to you don't open it. This is a really cheap way to make sure your material doesn't get ripped off.

Comment

there's a thing you can buy that has like 750 labels and shit, and all of their info, its at like aandronline.com or something similar.

Comment

Working...
              X