Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are drummers such fucking losers?

I have to fire our drummer.

We have an indie band contest coming up, and we have some serious recording to do. After 6 goddamn fucking hours of recording 2 fucking songs, all our drummers comes up with is absolute undiluted, unadulterated crap. PURE FUCKING GARBAGE!!!! Get this, he says he can't play to a click track. I wonder why. Probably because he has the timing of an epileptic retard. I am furious right now. Absolutely fucking furious. I show up to do my tracks, and not only has he wasted 6 hours of recording time for nothing, but he's wasted my time driving over there and actually attempting to lay guitar tracks down. I want to kill him. I seriously would like to smash his fucking face in with a cement block. It's a damn good thing he had left by the time I arrived. Well, bottom line is, his ass is fucking gone, fired, and if I ever see him again, he's roadkill.

Sorry to have to vent.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Why are drummers such fucking losers?

I feel your pain,
    Easy Killer,
    Breath in Breath out.
    Now go GOUGE HIS EYES OUT !!
    USE YOUR THUMBS AND MAKE THEM POP!
    hahahahahhaha
    oh, sorry, got carried away [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude.. you seem a little tightly wound.. Are you just stressed because you have a limited amount of time? It would seem to me you should have known the limitations of thisguys talent when he joined the band.. It seems a little out of left field to accuse him of wasting your time if it's his limited talent thats doing it .. If he was just hard to work with or an asshole I could see your point....

I think you need to sit and have a few beers ..
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Our band has been totally stable for several years...expect for fucking drummers. We've been through 3 in 3 years, they are such a pain and I don't know why. I feel your pain zeegler.

Comment

yeah our drummer bailed a few weeks ago. It sucks. But Kev has a point, didn't you know before now he wasn't very good?? Just askin...

Comment

My drummer was a total ...shit for brains..monkeyheaded fucktard!!!

and I say this with all due respect..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Our original drummer was "grandfathered" in the band....Funny, cause thats what he played like. No joke, we (my bass player & I) would have to keep eye contact at all times to cover for him. He was so bad a slowing down, that I would have to pick songs that started with a guitar riff, and start out 25% faster just to make sure that by the end of the song we were on tempo. The worst was "Detroit Rock City".

We finally fired him and hired my brother-in-law.....MIS-TAKE! He was a self proclaimed "power drummer" that insisted on having his bass drim mic'd at practice....in a basement. He was only worried about drinking & bitching about his EX. Once he got drunk, he insisted on singing back-up...which consisted of every conceiveable cuss word used after his Ex's name. We were lucky, we never ended up playing out with him.
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Sounds like a bummer there zeeg. I also agree with Kevin that you probably already knew his limitations. Is he a good drummer live and when jamming? If so, perhaps he has red light syndrome, gets nervous or flustered when he knows the tapes rolling.

I had a drummer before that was a really great drummer live but didn't like click tracks either. I think it was more of him not wanting to use a click track then his ability to use one. In certain instances I can understand it. I think in that aspect the very slight time fluctuations can lead to some good feel. I think that is what drum machines can't do and thats why we have real humans playing drums [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

6 hours, hell it could take that long for set-up and mic placement in order to be ready to record [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If you were in a commercial studio and paying by the hour I would be a bit paranoid of costs myself so I'd be 100% prepared ahead of time, even before waling in or booking the time. It sounds like maybe this is your issue, its can be a stressful thing when you know time is money while in the studio.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

That monkey assed fucktool could NOT play to a click to save his life...

If you're a drummer and can't play to a lousy click...then you're nothing but a HACK ..IMO!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

There is something that I find a lot of so-called "drummers' lack...METER!!!!!!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I am a drummer turned guitarded... We're born losers, trust me, we can't help it. In the early 80's, I was replaced by a drum machine in one band. They said that unlike me, it wouldn't get drunk and fall off of its stool... So to sum up, I not only feel your pain, I am your pain. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    The Buzzard does not fear
                    The man in riot gear
                    Harvest a skull of stone
                    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

This is one of the hard parts about being in a rock/metal band. Drummers in general are pretty hard to come by, and GOOD drummers are few and far between.
                      I knew like ONE good drummer back in high school and she had so many kids around town wanting her services, played for so many different people/bands that she earned the nickname "The Drum Whore."

To be a good, musically-oriented band, you gotta have a drummer who can contribute something a little more than just keeping the beat, but he/she also has to be good at the basics and be able to stay on tempo... it's a tough job! Never tried drumming myself, but I can imagine how hard it would be to do the job RIGHT.
                      I think we all have ideas in our heads of what we want the drums to sound like coming from the guitarists' perspective and it's gotta be hard for drummers to hit the spot.

Comment

yeah well...devane has gone thru 3 drummers in 2 years so far...so i know what you are going thru dude...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I have to fire our drummer.

We have an indie band contest coming up, and we have some serious recording to do. After 6 goddamn fucking hours of recording 2 fucking songs, all our drummers comes up with is absolute undiluted, unadulterated crap. PURE FUCKING GARBAGE!!!! Get this, he says he can't play to a click track. I wonder why. Probably because he has the timing of an epileptic retard. I am furious right now. Absolutely fucking furious. I show up to do my tracks, and not only has he wasted 6 hours of recording time for nothing, but he's wasted my time driving over there and actually attempting to lay guitar tracks down. I want to kill him. I seriously would like to smash his fucking face in with a cement block. It's a damn good thing he had left by the time I arrived. Well, bottom line is, his ass is fucking gone, fired, and if I ever see him again, he's roadkill.

Sorry to have to vent.

[/ QUOTE ]

join the fucking club bro, the last two bands i've been in i left because both drummers were and still are complete and total fucking losers. your definitely hittin' a raw nerve here. i still hate them both. let me ask you this... what is a drummers job? to keep fucking time. so why the fuck can't they? one of them told me a few years ago, "i don't need to be able to play with a metronome, my timing is dead on." BULLFUCKINGSHIT. if you don't wanna count, yes kids, there is math involved with music especially if your the fuckin' drummer, then don't waste hard working musicians' time. go sell your kit and buy a dildo and go fuck yourself. and they think they know how to do your job too when they can't even do their own. they just want you to make things easier on themselves cuz they're lazy pieces of shit. it's a good thing i have a built in drum machine in my recording software or i'd never get anything recorded. (of course not all drummers are this way, just most of them.) [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                          Hear the universe scream
                          Bleeding from black holes
                          Whom horns careless
                          And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            To be a good, musically-oriented band, you gotta have a drummer who can contribute something a little more than just keeping the beat, but he/she also has to be good at the basics and be able to stay on tempo... it's a tough job!

[/ QUOTE ]

keep time yes

contribute - not always - i try to write riffs and music (at least the basic shape of drumtracks) because most drummers went with bass-snare-bass-bass-snare while the riff was in need of something way more complex.

but it's a fact that you need a drummer to make it sound alive - especially on fills.

Comment

drummers are usually the pain in the ass in the band, my old band had a drummer who was capable, but had a too big ego and kicked me more or less out [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Now I have a rock coverband and all our muscicians play an instrument which is not their primary instrument:
                              bass guitarplayer (a WHIZARD on the bass) music college instrument is piano
                              drummer is classical percussionist (he is really great, on beat, only flaw is little too soft on the snare)
                              keyboard is pianoplayer
                              sax+vocals = klarinet
                              other el guitarplayer only plays acoustical guitar (classical)
                              and me... well I do my regular stuff.

but our drummer is really great, a regionally well respected percussionist I must say....

Harrald

Comment

Working...
                              X