Anyone try a Warmoth Wolfgang neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try a Warmoth Wolfgang neck?

I didn't really know which section to put this in; tech or guitars by other manufacturer's, etc. So I decided on this section. Anyway, back to the original question. Has anyone tried a Warmoth neck with the Wolfgang carve? If so, how close of a copy is it? I know it's supposed to be an exact copy of the dimensions, but is that really the case? Can you feel a difference?

I ask because I was thinking about putting together a parts guitar with an old Charvel model series body (or equivolent) and one of those necks. The Wolfgang neck is extremely comfortabe so I thought about trying Warmoth's version. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Anyone try a Warmoth Wolfgang neck?

No one? Damn.

Comment

Hey Travis,

I've got a Warmoth parts mutt being assembled as we speak. The neck has the following specs:

Wolfie backshape
      6100 frets
      16" radius

I should be picking it up next week. I'll let you know if the profile is close to my Wolfie Standard.

Comment

I had one briefly (went with the Krylon Ojeda body a while back [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
        I thought the backshape was more like a Firebird Pro, but then I really didn't have it that long - I don't recall if I even strung it up now [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I do recall playing a Wolfie once and liked the neck. Are/were those 1 5/8" nut width? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        The Warmoth neck I had was 1 11/16" I think.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Hey Travis,

I've got a Warmoth parts mutt being assembled as we speak. The neck has the following specs:

Wolfie backshape
          6100 frets
          16" radius

I should be picking it up next week. I'll let you know if the profile is close to my Wolfie Standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, I would really appreciate that. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

The contour is very close. I had one on a mutt about a year ago and have regretted selling it since. It was solid rosewood with the Wolfie cut, 1 5/8" nut...sweet.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
            X