Stainless Steel Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Steel Grills

Anyone have one of those newer style Stainless Steel outdoor grills? My old one is beat to hell and needs replacing. I don't want to spend the extra dough if it's going to rust after it rains a few times, but if it's real stainless steel it shouldn't. However, nowadays anything can be made to look a certain way so it could be "simulated" steel for all I know. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Stainless Steel Grills

yep I've had one for 2 yrs... BTW you can't fake stainless steel
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Stainless steel can still rust. It depends how pure the stainless is. Impurities will make it rust. Not the entire thing but kind of in a spotty fashion. I couldn't warrant the extra dough for Stainless and just went for the black powder coat finish on my new grill. You still have to take care of it regardless of whether it's stainless of not.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Stainless steel can still rust. It depends how pure the stainless is. Impurities will make it rust. Not the entire thing but kind of in a spotty fashion. I couldn't warrant the extra dough for Stainless and just went for the black powder coat finish on my new grill. You still have to take care of it regardless of whether it's stainless of not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are partially correct in what you say ..you will surely get more "wear" out of a SS grill over a black powder ..and they are cheap enough now that it isn't a huge cost difference .. they are also easier to clean as SS isn't porous like the cast grill will be ..
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Partially correct? Partially? Why I oughta. lol

When it comes down to it the biggest enemy a grill has is none use. I've seen tons of grills last maybe 5 years because the owner doesn't use them enough to fight off corrosion. I use mine all season long so I never have any problems with the grill rusting up or what have you. If you don't use it often the worst thing to do is keep it covered the whole time. Covering it and using it at least once a week is fine. But if it is covered from the end of summer to spring expect it to go downhill quick. The cover just holds condensation inside where you don't want it. If you have a dry place to leave it during the winter uncovered that is best.

Also get a stainless steel cleaner. It will look better and stay clean easier. Just make sure you read the warnings about using it on items such as grills and stove tops.
          We must!
          We must!
          We must increase the bust!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!
          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Thers are may different grades of stainless steel and will rust if it comes into contact with carbon steel. Be very careful what you clean it with.
            "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

ZEPS makes a good stainless steel cleaner. I got mine from home depot. It works great and makes my grill look as good as my steaks.

Comment

Sorry for going a bit offtopic but i want this grill [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

It's the same brand i use, "just" a bit bigger [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flo
                http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Working...
                X