X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Base Closings

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I didn't see the list, is Fort Indiantown Gap in Pa. on the list?

[/ QUOTE ]

No Dave, but there were 12 PA sites on the list, second only to Texas's 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">thanks for the info Don, and thanks for the list sis- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      And Don... we love the military and our lifestyle and are fully aware of what we are potentially giving up. But the cost we have to pay to continue individually and as a family is much, much higher.
      I appreciate your concern, that's cool... if you knew what Keith does for the military you would definitely understand. He plans to continue to work for the government, just not as military. We will be just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, when I read your earlier post, it reminded me of all the times I wanted to throw some sh*thead off the ship and how I would've gladly gave up my career to see the splash in the water. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I still work with the Navy (civilian), difference now though, I get to grow my hair again, earring (wife's request)and don't have to take sh*t from boneheads who get advanced and automatically thing knowledge comes with it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, when I read your earlier post, it reminded me of all the times I wanted to throw some sh*thead off the ship and how I would've gladly gave up my career to see the splash in the water. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I still work with the Navy (civilian), difference now though, I get to grow my hair again, earring (wife's request)and don't have to take sh*t from boneheads who get advanced and automatically thing knowledge comes with it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Boneheads... funny. Pushing a moron off a Navy ship would be hellaciously tempting! [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
        What I hear mostly from Keith are scary stories about 2nd Lieutenants with clipboards who obsessively micro-manage areas they have no clue about. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] (no offense to any lurking Butterbars, but y'all ARE scary. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Yeah, if Keith had 16 or so years in he would definitely stay the 20 for retirement. It's a tough choice, but he's decided to scram while he can.
        My WHOLE family is military or retired military; Dad retires this summer! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] 37 years. He was Guard prior to active duty.
        I haven't talked to him yet today to see what he thinks of all of this. He overseas some Army Guard guys so I'm curious if any of them will be moved.

And Dave- no problemo, bro! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

-Emmy

Comment

Butterbars.... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] God bless 'em. Totally frikkin' clueless like an E-1 but trained to act like they're not. They tend to hitch themselves to a good NCO who knows their shit. Although they technically outrank me, they know who's in charge. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I never refer to them as Sir/Ma'am... I just say LT (elltee). Based on my rank, it's sort of a custom that's accepted.

Sam, I saw where Cherry Point is losing 664 civilians. Is that on the Ops side of the house or depot?
          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
          X