E-Bay feedback question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Bay feedback question

How important is it to you guys that the EBayer you are purchasing from has a ton of feedbacks?

The reason I am asking is that I am pondering selling a couple guitars on there (non J/C) and I have a whole 3 feedbacks.

Considering that one of the guitars is a Gibby V that is going in the $2000-$2500 range will it hurt my possible sale to only have a limited feedback history?

Re: E-Bay feedback question

Not too important. Feedback is just one measure of the seller's quality. I prefer actually reading the personal feedback text rather than the numbers. Those words can say a lot about someone.

Also, get your photographer wife to take excellent pictures of your guitars and other sale items again, and provide a detailed auction description. I personally shy away from sub-10 feedbackers if there were crappy photos and inadequate item descriptions but that's just me. If you have nothing to hide, buyers respect you for it. It's all about peace of mind.

Comment

Win confidence in the words you utilize in making your listing.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Not too important. Feedback is just one measure of the seller's quality. I prefer actually reading the personal feedback text rather than the numbers. Those words can say a lot about someone.

Also, get your photographer wife to take excellent pictures of your guitars and other sale items again, and provide a detailed auction description. I personally shy away from sub-10 feedbackers if there were crappy photos and inadequate item descriptions but that's just me. If you have nothing to hide, buyers respect you for it. It's all about peace of mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Direct hit! I would buy from you if you followed Priest's advice. Like him, I am very cautious and read between the lines.
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I think feedbacks are important to read, not just #s.

The best way to protect yourself is to contact the person and see what kind of response you will get.
          Also sometimes these sellers are easy to find when you spend a lot of time on internet.
          Like,Many Jackson and Charvel guitars are sold by JCF members.
          I have seen many PRS guitars sold by PRS forum members.
          Same goes to Gibson.
          It is good to visit the brand's forum and ask opinions.
          Sometimes you will find the actual seller there.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Considering that one of the guitars is a Gibby V that is going in the $2000-$2500 range will it hurt my possible sale to only have a limited feedback history?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because it'll reduce the set of people who will be willing to send you money based on your description and less potential buyers will probably translate into a lower final price. The advice above in this thread is very good but the fact is that some people will just walk away from low feedback sellers because they're more risk-averse than others.

If you're selling several, start with the least expensive and wait for that deal to close and receive feedback before moving on to the next one. Work your way up to the most expensive one in this manner and by the time you're there you'll have a recent, albeit small, history of solid transactions for instruments. That'll probably help the price of the more expensive things you move.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I'm very leary of low feedback sellers with high dollar items.

Comment

I agree with Clevage and YAO.

If it's under $50, I may buy from a <10 FB buyer IF it looks like they've been a member for a while and the transactions they've completed look legit.

I'd prefer to deal with someone with > 50 for a $50-200 item, and I'd want a phone # if I go any higher than that.

For 2-3k, I'd just throw it out there to contact me for my phone # if they have any doubts. If you have something someone is willing to spend that much on, they'll call if the FB bothers them.
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                X