Any Fishers here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Fishers here

Man I juust started fishing (well I have fished before but I just got addicted) and I need help I am clueless about gearI got me my $20 walmart special pole (which is a pretty decent pole and reel for the $$$) but set me up straight I don't have many lures and really don't know what is good. What is a good pole and reel? The biggest fish I would be going after would be Northern at this point
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Any Fishers here

I think they're called fishermen, not fishers. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I done alot of fishing, mainly hardware tossing for stream trout. I've tried fly fishing a few times, but I got frustrated after constantly snagging the fly on myself and tree limbs, and hearing the laughter from a school of nearby Brook Trout that I was trying to present the fly to. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Stream/River fishing is a blast, and you don't need to catch big fish to have a good time. A 14 inch Brown Trout on light tackle is a handfull, trust me. Most trout are battlers!

Soon it will be just like G.A.S. You'll constantly be buying new gear.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I think they're called fishermen, not fishers. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Never claimed I was intelligent

Yeah I have a decent river system by me that is pretty good lots of Bass in the rivers
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

your gear depends on what you are trying to catch.I am a fan of quantum spinning reels.and also like abu garcia and quantum bait casters for bass on a spinning setup use no more than 14lb test line 14lb. in heavey cover I only use 10lb on my spinning setups.bait casters I use 17lb as far as lures be prepared to spend alot of $$$.in fact I'm getting ready to go in the next 1/2 hour.so I'll post some more info later hope this helps
          www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's just nitpicking now isn't it. I mean, who cares what ANGLERS really want to be called?!??!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            Occupy JCF

Comment

EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN SOUTH DAKOTA! NOW THAT'S A CATFISH !!!!

This is a picture of a catfish that was recently caught at Lake Oahe by a local
              man.

According to the news, he was fishing from the shore with a 20 pound
              test line. When he realized what a huge fish he had caught, he stayed in the
              water with it and kept it close to shore with his hands.

He used his cell phone to call a friend and tell him to bring a scale. The friend got
              there and the scale topped out at 100 pounds.

They took it to the nearby Bait shop and weighed it there. It weighed 121 pounds!
              Luckily a Game Warden was there and called the Oahe Freshwater Fisheries Center and asked them if they wanted the fish. They sent a 'live truck' to the site and brought
              the fish safely to Pierre. They are getting it ready for the public to view
              The paper said that it would be two to three weeks before they'd release
              into the public tank.. They estimated that the 121 pound catfish was about
              27 years old! Want to go swimming in Lake Oahe?

Comment

I do my fishing at the Frozen Foods section of the grocery store [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Nobody catches better fish than the Gorton's Fisherman [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Last time I went fishing, I caught one catfish 6 times in a row. He was about 8 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. I'd pull him up and he'd drop off the hook, taking my bait with him. So I'd cast out to the other side and there he was again. Cast a little farther down and there he was again. Did this crap 6 times and then decided that if I could get his ass to the bank, the cats that were hanging around were getting fed [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Never did get him to land, so I gave up and worked the crabbing nets [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thats huge...awesome indeed.
                  Now thats a fish. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    The biggest fish I would be going after would be Northern at this point

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I'm guessing you mean Northern Pike? We used to do a lot of fishing and I had great luck with Rapala "rattletrap" lures, I believe they're called. They actually have bb's in them and they wiggle and make noise which attracts the fish very well. Why? good question but they work great. Try to get different colors and sizes as the conditions can be critical to a good catch. As for topwater fishing for Bass, I used "jitterbugs, mudbugs, grass frogs and for "just under the water fishing" I used spinnerbaits, again get many different colors and sizes and don't get frustrated if something isn't working. Just try something else. That's fishin! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I love northern pike...good fish. I'm originally from Michigan so I fished a lot when I was growing up

I haven't seriously fished in some time, sad cause I live in a lakeside community. I'm a couple hundred feet from the lake. I go down and cast a few with the kids but thats about it. I want a boat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

<font color="aqua">oh, one more thing about Northern Pike that just came back to me. When you set the hook, make sure you SET that hook and then let out the "drag" a bit. As you reel him in, he won't feel like much of a fight, until he see's light or the bottom of the boat [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. That thing will turn and dive VERY quickly and if your drag isn't loosened up a bit, say good "bye bye" fishy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

At least that how the pike were in around Gananouque Canada (sp?)! </font>
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hmmm.... someone say fishing? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'll post tomorrow, I'm wiped from the weekend... Green Day, Sammy and Pointfest this past weekend, trying to catch up on some zzz's...

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            your gear depends on what you are trying to catch.I am a fan of quantum spinning reels.and also like abu garcia and quantum bait casters for bass on a spinning setup use no more than 14lb test line 14lb. in heavey cover I only use 10lb on my spinning setups.bait casters I use 17lb as far as lures be prepared to spend alot of $$$.in fact I'm getting ready to go in the next 1/2 hour.so I'll post some more info later hope this helps

[/ QUOTE ]

You are Ocean fishing correct?
                            Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I had good luck with red and white Daredevil's. In mid may up in Michigan Northern Pike will hit just about anything. My uncle once caught a bunch with Budwieser lure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X