Ozzfest gettin Jiggy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ozzfest gettin Jiggy?

Now Now Gary.....let's not go there! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Ozzfest has gotten heavier over the years, and years of honing it into a TRUE metal fest, only to take a step back with this shit?! Take a look at the first stage roster...

Comment

Crazy Town , G whata fuggin' band that was [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Your my butterfly baby..." or whatever.
      OMG how laughed when I first heard them.

Thanks Gary for reminding that cood old True Metal band.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I can't wait to see this. I'm going to make a point of watching them play, just so I canlaugh my ass off as they get pelted with crap.

Then again, by the time the Darien Lake show rolls around, they will most likely have quit the tour. In fact, I bet they quit after one show.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I read some of those messages on the Wicked Wisdom website. Apparently, they are concerned about Jada's safety. To be honest, I hope the stage gets rushed and they tear these fucking posers from limb to limb. There are honest, hard working, talented MUSICIANS out there that would give their first born in exchange for a chance to play Ozzfest. Jada puts together a little celebrity side project and she is instantly afforded rock star status.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the thing that burns me about it, as well. The whole festival, especially the 2nd stage, was supposedly created to give metal bands a chance to show their stuff in front of a big audience (in return for paying a tidy sum to the Osbournes, of course...). This makes a mockery of that idea.

Wouldn't it be great to have Symphony X, Evergrey, Into Eternity, After Forever, Iced Earth, etc. etc. playing Ozzfest? It's not like there's a shortage of great metal out there that would force the Osbournes to sign up Jada Pinkett-Smith.

Comment

In part, she's looking for a decent opportunity to get some legit exposure for her band. That I respect, and her band is probably not half bad. Also, if they do put her on stage 2 early in the day ( before the crowds really start to come in and drinking) she may be okay. Man, if they let her play later in the day, as more comes in, her chances of getting through the set will decrease.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Heres the deal, all the bands on the second stage have to Pay to be on the tour, thats right Sharon O has figured out how to make money on the bands before the tour even starts.Yu pay the fee, and hope you make the money back.If not, its your loss, not sharozzy. Pay to play, how else do you think pinkett got on the bill? Unless she came on sharons talk show. One word......Phffffffffffff

Comment

damn I might go now, all those other bands suck but at least she's rock with a metal edge [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  damn I might go now, all those other bands suck but at least she's rock with a metal edge [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] OMG stop it you guys are killing me,
                  I almost spit up my coke on my desk at work.
                  This has got to be one of the funniest and f'n saddest things I've seen in years.
                  Would somebody please wake up Ozzy and have him take a good look at what the hell he's married to [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Sharon is probably the fakest person I've ever heard of [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

WTF is matter with Ozzy, Zakk should loan him some balls so he can dump that stoopid beyotch.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Jack- I love your avatar.
                      I want a t-shirt that says "Vote for Pedro".

[/ QUOTE ]
                      God I'm so fuckin' tired of Napolean! Trust me, the show portrayed only the better parts of Preston. People here are going nuts over the show, Idaho finally got some positive (?) publicity.

Anyway, about Ozzfest. I'm hoping to go to the Salt Lake show this August. It's Archenemy that's getting my ass there! What a nice birthday present that'll be. From myself, to myself. I actually get to do what I want to on my birthday this year!

Comment

She would be MUCH better off having her own tour and inviting along some bands that she is a fan of than trying to make her music appeal to people that probably don't want to hear it. Like you guys have already figured out, that is NOT going to be her crowd. I see it being a disappointment for both her and the fans.

Having said that, I'd still do her. And they should put Pig Destroyer in her slot instead, but they aren't stupid enough to shell out $30,000 to play to a bunch of lame ass 14 year olds outdoors at 2pm.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Sharon is probably the fakest person I've ever heard of [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

WTF is matter with Ozzy, Zakk should loan him some balls so he can dump that stoopid beyotch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozzy would either be dead, or a washed up bum living in a shit hole if it wasn't for that "stupid beyotch". She may be commercially motivated, but she saved his ass when he was on the skids and made him into a MONEY MAKING MOTHERFUCKING MACHINE. I give her respect for that, even if she castrated the Prince of Darkness. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike
                          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Commercially motivated? Thats the understatement of the year.Re -recording the bass and drums of classic lps to avoid paying Daisley and kerslake, blasphamy i say! Its not a coincidence that they found cancer where they did with her.

Comment

Working...
                            X