Any armchair detectives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any armchair detectives?

I usually thgrough on a thick accent and cry when I get tele marketers espescially if I have a beer or two in my. I start accusing them of cheating on me etc.... It is madness
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

BTW I was a true Slueth!!! I knew that the # was from either Mundelien or Libertyville whoo hoo (Mainly because I call 281 #'s fairly often throught the day)

Comment

What's this letter that you have to send them first? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ordinarily, it would be what I officially refer to as the "STOP CALLING ME" letter. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But in this case, it will be a "STOP CALLING ME" letter that contains a section that notifies them that in a dozen calls today, "Jay" took a dump all over the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and that I intend to get my fine and fees from them. [If it is in fact a debt farm, if not, then I'll just get an injunction against these freaks.]

Which of course they will ignore, and I'll log all the additional times they call (and refuse to tell me the company name and address), type that list up pretty, and make it an exhibit to my suit. A pain in the ass? Yup. Better just left alone? Probably.

But I believe in my heart of hearts that sometimes, not often, not always, but just sometimes someone needs to stand on the rooftop and scream to the world that the emperor is in fact ass naked. I think these guys need calling out. And in years of talking to assholes on the phone on a daily basis, my gut tells me that these guys aren't going to respond to anything shy of a firefight.

So, I want to send the letter because I'm gathering ammunition.

Please forgive the mixed metaphors. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Cool. I kinda thought it was a "by accepting this letter, you agree to STOP FUCKING CALLING ME!!! - one more phone call and you agree to blow me" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Heh. I get weird or unknown and unlisted numbers on my caller ID all the time... I just don't answer. Most are probably collection agencies anyway. There's one local number I get, and I've tried calling it back, but it says the number is not in service. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
              There's also 616 Grand Rapids, MI number that comes up that's the Dove Foundation... I researched online and found out they're some annoying Christian/family based organization. Hmmm, I should answer the phone one day and fuck with them! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Call and ask them if they have accepted Satan as their personal savior [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ask them if they have Jesus. When they say yes, tell them to let Him go [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As for the "mystery" number, some systems allow you to type in a "dummy" number to defeat call screening, based on the assumption that you have friends or family with a similar number and may mistake their call for one that's from someone you know - dicks [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] That shit oughta be against the law.

Comment

You can use camophone to disguise yourself to and prank them back

Comment

here's a new idea for people having collection agencies calling them.

If you owe them, pay them! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They'll quit calling, problem solved!
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      here's a new idea for people having collection agencies calling them.

If you owe them, pay them! They'll quit calling, problem solved!

[/ QUOTE ]
                      You've worked on the other end of the line too, haven't you? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, Shawn, when the very best lucid communication that you can get out of "Jay," your point of contact is, "ARE YOU FUCKING READY TO TALK TO ME NOW?!" then you can pay them if you want.

Me, as I've stated above, 1. I have no delinquent debts, and 2. I'm not that big of a pussy. I tolerate that behavior from no man, woman, pet, nor child. Ever.

Comment

Axtogrind, I understood that you had no delinquent debts from your initial post. As I said I'd be pissed too if someone called me that amount of times, regardless of what they wanted to talk about [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm sorry, Shawn, my bad.

Prolly the only other time I got this many calls was one time when Tommy Lee and Pam were split up - I was like, "good lord woman, quit calling me!" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Keith

Comment

Ok I have one too that keeps calling and the same thing. The number you are trying to reach, blah blah blah.

973-999-6039 ANY HELP???? [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X