Episode III - One word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode III - One word

Juxtaposition. The opening scene in ANH never really gives the true size of the ship other than it can fit in the docking bay of an Imperial-class Star Destroyer. (Devastator in the movie) The Republic cruiser in TPM is similar in size and construction.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Sully, ive heard that Jones did the voice. He was slated to do it.They tried to get the original vader but he is too old and had several health problems over the years.

Comment

cool, thanks.

is vader really shorter? drag.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

In the credits there was no metion of James Earl Jones.

Comment

It's actually Hayden Christensen playing Darth Vader. That's what the bonus disc of the DVD set shows. I believe Jones is the voice.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              cool, thanks.

is vader really shorter? drag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and it is noticable too

Funny I have not seen it yet going tonight... First time for the prequels I didn't go @ Midnight and I was busy last night
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

LOL, I made a trip at lunch to the theater over by Navy Pier to get my tix yesterday.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Amen to that, bro.

My sentiments exactly.

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

David Prowse played the original Vader, and was a tad upset they were not using his voice at the time.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you heard him talk, you'd overdub him too.

And actually that's the same scenario with Darth Maul. Ray Park, who plays "Toad" in the X-Men movie has a high-pitched squeaky-type voice. Add an accent to it and it's definitely not what you'd picture from a bad guy.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

I can't see James Earl Jones in the suit - old, fat, and staggering YOUNG Vader becomes Strutting Space Voodoo Pimp 20 years later? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And yeah, they coulda got someone taller. A 20 year old doesn't grow much taller as the years pass.
                        But then everyone would wanna know why Vader was so much taller than Anakin [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                        Nitpickers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Ray Park's is at the theater by me all weekend... Best part about that is the theater serves Beer!!!!!!!
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

James Earl Jones was never in the suit, he just did the voice. David Prowse was in the suit.
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Yeah I know, I was just speculating on the comment made earlier about JEJ "playing" Darth Vader [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                But then everyone would wanna know why Vader was so much taller than Anakin [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                                Nitpickers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the Midi-chlorians, man! The Midi-chlorians!

- E.
                                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                                X