Episode III - One word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode III - One word

Well my son & I saw it last night & it was like 2 6 year olds sitting together I loved it. The Movie was bad ass also. My first movie experince was Star Wars ANH at a drive in theater, I'm really surprised i never got into special effects or film makeing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. My sons favorite guy in the whole saga is Vader. I'll be keepeing an eye my son with great interest, & great parental concerns [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He has always liked the villians , but so have I!
    According To The Prophecy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      also, my only question is that during the scene where palpatine is talking to annakin during the show, is he entimating that palpatine's master conjured annakin from the midicholorians?

[/ QUOTE ]

People are going nuts about that on the somethingawful.com forums that I linger around as well.

I have to say...there is no way.

the story about creating life was a lie told to Anakin to coax him to the dark side.

Comment

My predictions:

- Lucas will eventually do Ep. 7-9 about 10 years from now. Or he'll sketch out the story and allow someone else to do it for him.

- Palpatine himself "created" Anakin. He's not intimating about his former Master. He's speaking about himself. Well, sort of because...

- Like Yoda mentions at the end, Qui Gon Jinn became immortal. ...The blue ghost thing, you know? Only Qui Gon didn't know how to preserve his physical appearance yet. Hence, you just hear his voice in Ep.II.

And so did Palpatine! Yes, Palpatine himself is immortal. This is why he looks so old after the fight with Mace. No more need for the young "mask" of Palpatine, which he did with the force. And he blames his "disfiguring" on the Jedi.

In fact, Palpatine is/was his own Master, Darth Plagieus. As he mentions in the film, Plagieus discovered how to manipulate, create, and prolong life itself. And he was killed by his apprentice, Palpatine. Only he actually tricked Palpatine into killing him in his sleep. This, so he could take over his apprentice's younger body - that's the dark side of immortality. You take over another person's body and preserve it for as long as you can, then eventually take over another. And another, and another. And...

- This is what happens in Eps. 7 - 9. We find out that the Emperor didn't actually "die" at the end of ROJ. The body was destroyed, but the spirit is immortal and escapes to inhabit some other body on the Death Star, then escapes its destruction. (..Notice the blue ghost-like "explosion" when the Emperor hits the bottom? Looks very similar Yoda and Obi Wan's ghosts, huh?)

- Yoda and Obi-Wan's immortal souls must take on the Emporer's immortal soul in the nether world. That's the only way he can be destroyed.

Lucas is full of s**t. He does have the story plan for that last trilogy - it's just the roughest of sketches. And I just told you it! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

well if episodes 7-9 come out....hopefully he won't direct them.

and hopefully oliver stone won't either.

spielberg or...CAmeron...or Jackson. mmmmmm

Comment

They (star -wars folks) shouldnt of let BK use Darth Vader as joke prop- kind of ruins the whole image thing- OH well - I havent seen the new one- I'm with ACE the last two were really bad

Comment

So how come only Yoda's and Obi Wan's bodies disappear when they die? Qui Gon's and Anakin's bodies don't vanish into thin air when they die.

Comment

Just got back from seeing RotS. I liked it. The acting wasn't as bad as the venom about it so many reviews say (although my favorite quote about it is, "Hayden Christensen is to Acting as a pile of lumber is to Acting" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]). Stuff I didn't like, Chewbacca's appearance was unnecessary and the "mind wipe for the protocol droid" thing was cheap. I still don't understand the clumsy meddling with the originals, but this flick brought everything together pretty well, IMO.

There was a poster in the lobby for the real sequel (as opposed to re-make or spoof) of Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, coming out June 26. That's been like what? Twenty years? I wasn't planning on seeing many other films in the theater this year, but this will definitely be one of them.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Shreddermon had some interesting stuff in his post...it reminds me also of the cloned Emperor in the beginning of the book series, the spirit of the Dark Sith Lord on Yavin 4 (In the Mannnassai temple, i think...), when Luke heads up his Jedi Academy, and i'm still wondering about the connection with the supposed Dark Lord defeated by Yoda on Dagobah, which enables Yoda to stay hidden on Dagobah, because the two opposite sides of the Force equal itself out. i bet that sounded like a lot of strange stuff to a non-geek...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    (although my favorite quote about it is, "Hayden Christensen is to Acting as a pile of lumber is to Acting" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's an insult to the pile of lumber and you know it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Supposedly Hayden was chosen for his sexual chemistry with Natalie Portman during the love scenes. I guess that's chemistry to George Lucas. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Okay, I haven't seen Episode 3 yet, but this past weekend, CBC was showing Episodes 1 and 2 and I watched both for the very first time. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I still need to watch Episodes 4-6 though, but not before Episode 3 next weekend. I think I might be one of the very few who are actually watching them in "historical" order as opposed to film released order. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      My predictions:

- Lucas will eventually do Ep. 7-9 about 10 years from now. Or he'll sketch out the story and allow someone else to do it for him.

- Palpatine himself "created" Anakin. He's not intimating about his former Master. He's speaking about himself. Well, sort of because...

- Like Yoda mentions at the end, Qui Gon Jinn became immortal. ...The blue ghost thing, you know? Only Qui Gon didn't know how to preserve his physical appearance yet. Hence, you just hear his voice in Ep.II.

And so did Palpatine! Yes, Palpatine himself is immortal. This is why he looks so old after the fight with Mace. No more need for the young "mask" of Palpatine, which he did with the force. And he blames his "disfiguring" on the Jedi.

In fact, Palpatine is/was his own Master, Darth Plagieus. As he mentions in the film, Plagieus discovered how to manipulate, create, and prolong life itself. And he was killed by his apprentice, Palpatine. Only he actually tricked Palpatine into killing him in his sleep. This, so he could take over his apprentice's younger body - that's the dark side of immortality. You take over another person's body and preserve it for as long as you can, then eventually take over another. And another, and another. And...

- This is what happens in Eps. 7 - 9. We find out that the Emperor didn't actually "die" at the end of ROJ. The body was destroyed, but the spirit is immortal and escapes to inhabit some other body on the Death Star, then escapes its destruction. (..Notice the blue ghost-like "explosion" when the Emperor hits the bottom? Looks very similar Yoda and Obi Wan's ghosts, huh?)

- Yoda and Obi-Wan's immortal souls must take on the Emporer's immortal soul in the nether world. That's the only way he can be destroyed.

Lucas is full of s**t. He does have the story plan for that last trilogy - it's just the roughest of sketches. And I just told you it! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is long speculated that these three links are the next trilogy if there is to be one.
                      Episode VII
                      Episode VIII
                      Episode IX

Shreddermon is onto something with immortality and Darth Plagieus. Though it is stated in the aforementioned trilogy and then in Dark Empire and Dark Empire II (subsequently where Luke furthers the point that one can return from the dark side of the force) that the Emperor had a cloning facility at Mount Tantiss. There he not only cloned himself, but he also cloned Jedi Master Jorus C'baoth but he also cloned Luke as well. (Palpatine/Vader recovered Luke's severed hand from Bespin.)
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

my predictions:

- epi's 1-3 won't be available as individual DVDs, but as a "must have" 6 movie set with epi's 4-6. So anyone who has already picked up the 4-6 box set will be forced to buy them again.

- The 6 movie set will also be released with 4 different sets of cover art, to really milk the hardcore collectors who must buy one of each. And one to watch, of course.

- 20 years from now, Lucas will remaster all 6 movies in the franchise & redo all the special effects because he was "hampered by the limited technology in 2005" and was unable to realise his true vision for the story at the time.

- Each "new" version will receive full cinematic release and break all kinds of box office records.

- The back-to-back Star Wars movie marathon at your local theatre will feature the Director's Cut of each movie and will take approximately 28 hours to sit through.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

I can sit through that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Okay, change of plans. I'm going to see Episode 3 tomorrow for free. Damn, a whole weekend of free prequels. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Saturday night was Ep 1, tonight was Ep 2. I feel like I'm on an accelerated geek program or something. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, you can read the 7, 8, and 9 plot scrips here...

Episode 7 The Fallen Hero - http://www.starwarssequeltrilogy.com/

Episode 8 The Republic in Crisis - http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode8/plot.html

Episode 9 Victory of the Force - http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode9/plot.html

Comment

I seen it earlier today.
                              My thoughts:
                              I have seen all them and incomparision to 1 and 2, 3 is the better one. 3 links to storyline together, and on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 7 or 8, but it wasn't worth the hefty ticket price. With that said, nothing compares to ESB its by far the best out of all of them.

Still my favorite sci-fi is/was the Matrix trilogy.
                              The Star Wars series is good and rates very high on my favorites, but the Matrix series takes top honors.
                              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

It was great-not academy award material in the acting dept. But good entertainment shit its star wars. Nothing like a light saber

Comment

Working...
                                X